Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

C

1 Message

May 3rd, 2020 08:00

XPS 13 9300 (2020) Remote Desktop and Wifi Connection issues

I'm having significant problems with Remote Desktop sessions freezing. The problems seem to be most prevalent when browsing internet content on the remote machine. This problems has existed on this machine from the beginning. I have no RDP problems when using different Win10 client PCs and connecting to the same remote machine. Sometimes the remote connection will resolve after a few minutes, but mostly the issue requires restarting my RDP session.

In the last week or two I've started experiencing frequent Wifi connection drops. Other PCs on the same Wifi network are not having this problem. The connection drops about every 30 minutes or so. It usually requires reconnecting through the network settings to resolve. I've disabled Advanced Stream Detect using the Killer application, but this has not helped.

I'm running Win 10 and Win/Dell software is up to date.

Thanks

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

May 3rd, 2020 09:00

Mine works fine on WiFi for everything, including RDP. Surprisingly, the "Killer NIC" is actually working fine.    

Might just be drivers or a setting.

Based on a recent discovery that my new Alexa Echo Show would rather be connected to my 2.4 HotSpot (instead of the faster 5ghz one) ... as a workaround or test ... try it.

Not sure why you would be "browsing the Internet" from the remote machine (when you can always do it better locally). I'm guessing that is just for testing (and yes, I agree it should work).

February 27th, 2022 18:00

Rrmote Desktop freezes maybe because the RDP protocol has lost some of its resilience to packets getting lost or out-of-order, or because of the bugs in Windows 10 that are unable to switch between TCP and UDP protocol seamlessly. Read the post to fix the problem.

No Events found!