Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

1 Message

December 23rd, 2020 13:00

XPS 13 9300, Fingerprint Reader not working

I bought Dell XPS 13 9300 and I cant install fingerprint driver to use fingerprint scanner?

I downloaded latest Goodix driver from Dell support and try to install and got following message, Goodix fingerprint device was not found.

What shall I do now? I installed latest bios update 22.12.2020 all software and drivers up to date.

Thank you.

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

December 23rd, 2020 13:00

The system should have arrived with the driver already installed.  First question:  are you sure the system you purchased has the optional fingerprint scanner?  It is optional -- not standard -- on this model line.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

December 24th, 2020 02:00

Unfortunately from your description, it would appear that the motherboard has failed.  Since you're unable to get the system to turn on at all, it would be difficult to perform any diagnostic testing, so it would likely need to be repaired at either the depot or a local computer repair shop.

You can make arrangements for service from Dell's out of warranty department repair department 

• 

25.1K Posts

December 25th, 2020 00:00

Hi,

I hope you are doing good.

We haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to check if you were able to perform the previously shared steps. If yes, please lets us know the outcome.

Have a great day!

• 

25.1K Posts

December 27th, 2020 08:00

Hi,

This is a follow-up message as we haven't heard from you. Please shar the requested details so that we'll review and assist you further.

-Prashanth

• 

25.1K Posts

December 30th, 2020 02:00

We have not heard from you. We will be archiving the case from my end. Please review the following.

Fingerprint Reader Installation Guide

No Events found!