Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 5th, 2021 07:00

XPS 13 9310 1-in-1 no longer detecting monitors

Hi,

I have an XPS 13 9310 2-in-1 accompanied with a Dell D6000 dock and two Dell U2414H monitors connected to the dock via DisplayPort cables.

I have previously been able to connect the XPS to the dock via USB-C and extend the desktop on to the two monitors, as well as use the other USB peripherals connected to the dock, wireless keyboard and mouse and a LAN cable.

Today the XPS has updated to the 21H1 release of Windows and I am no longer able to connect to the dock and have it recognise the monitors and allow me to extend the desktop. When connecting the desktop flickers and makes the standard Windows sound for USB peripherals being connected multiple times but the monitors are not recognised. Although other USB peripherals and the LAN cable are.

In the Display Settings I have tried using the 'Detect' button but it reports that it didn't detect another display.

I have gone to the DisplayLink site and downloaded the latest Windows 10 driver here, release 10.1 M1 dated June this year  https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/windows

I have check the firmware for the D6000 is up to date using the firmware update tool and it reports ok.

The Windows version and build of the device is 21H1 build 19043.1023.

Can anyone suggest where to look to resolve this issue?

June 5th, 2021 07:00

Update.

I have resolved this with further investigation into the drivers.

Investigating though Windows Device Manager I notice two Dell D6000 drivers listed under Display Adapters, both with an exclamation mark. The details showed these drivers were of an older version 9.x.

I uninstalled these drivers and the newer version 10 DisplayLink driver, then reinstalled the version 10 DisplayLink driver.

This resolved the issue.

No Events found!