Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

1 Message

December 28th, 2020 23:00

XPS 13 9310 - audio issues at bootup

Hi there,

I am having a bit of an issue with my new XPS 13 9310 and was wondering if you guys shared the same problem.

Before I start, just wanted to give a few facts:

- I have the most up to date realtek audio drivers
- Waves audio and realtek are checked as ON for startup apps.
- Confirmed this problem does not exist with the Microsoft high definition drivers (however, i find the quality to not be as good)

So, when i boot up my device (from being off not asleep) and plug in my 3.5mm headphones in within the 1-3 minutes of using the laptop and try to play some audio it will either play from speakers or play nothing at all for 3-5 seconds before then playing through the speakers. I will then unplug the headphones and plug it in again and it will start playing through the headphones (sometimes i have to unplug and plug it in several times before it will play through the headphones). Occasionally, it will work as it should have play through the headphones but rarely. I've noticed the longer the laptop is off, the harder time it has to play through headphones when plugged in. 

Strangely, this only occurs when booting up from being completely off. I cannot replicate this issue when I simply restart the computer. If I restart, it works as it should and recognizes my headphones as soon as i plug it in. 

I am thinking perhaps i am plugging my headphones in too soon from bootup before the waves and realtek start up as the 3.5mm not does recognize without these programs which is causing me to unplug and replug my 3.5mm headphones until the software starts. I have owned several laptops and none of them have had this issue. It honestly should not be functioning like this. It can be extremely frustrating when in public thinking your headphones are plugged in and sound coming from the speakers.

As mentioned above, i have waves and realtek set to startup on boot and i have the latest drivers. I have factory reset my device as well and the issue persists. Additionally, i cant replicate this on Microsoft's audio drivers. So either i have to decide between poor function and better sound quality or better function and poorer sound quality.

Please help. Am i missing something here?

No Responses!
No Events found!