Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

7 Posts

October 2nd, 2018 01:00

XPS 13 9343 Battery not recognised.

My XPS13 has the battery not recognized issue. In fact the icon cycles on and off as I watch.  I have installed the latest Bios, reset the defaults and rest the battery by taking it out etc. It shows 100% when it works.  If I pull the charger out when it shows X the computer dies. When I pull it out when there is no X, it stays on. Then like it did just then, it dies whilst the power lead is still in. When I restart it all is as I left it. It looks like it went to sleep, rather than rebooted. This is very frustrating. I hope you can help.    

October 4th, 2018 06:00

Hi bcossart

Are you able to go in to the BIOS by pressing F2 on start-up?

In the BIOS select General> Battery information, in there it will show the battery health and AC adapter wattage.

If the health is ok, then try moving the system (whilst still in the BIOS) to see if it changes.

If the system does not lose its connection when you have moved the system, please try running the dell diagnostics by pressing FN2 and power when the system is off or press F12 and select diagnostics form the F12 boot menu.

As you have already re-seated the battery, do you have access to a known good battery to test in the system to see if the battery has failed?

Let us know how you get on,

7 Posts

October 9th, 2018 23:00

Thanks Ricky I will try this.  I have just replaced the battery, let it charge and then booted it up.  The battery seemed ok for a while, went from 26% as delivered up to 100%.  THEN the dreaded X appeared on the battery symbol.

It is not randomly rebooting just as it was before.

7 Posts

October 10th, 2018 00:00

sorry I meant it is NOW randomly rebooting as it used to.. by the way it clearly reboots when it is just sitting there untouched..but  I did get it to cycle on and off by moving the screen and twisting the body a bit.

7 Posts

October 10th, 2018 00:00

Looks like you picked it Ricky!  There does seem to be a loose or broken connection. It seems to be near the hinge.

I'm pretty sure it is not the main battery plug connection.

October 10th, 2018 07:00

Hello BCOSSART,

Could you send me a direct message with the machine's service tag? I will need to look at the configuration and warranty details before I can advise you further.

Please click my DELL-username and write me a private message.

No Events found!