Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 4th, 2019 13:00

XPS 13 9343 - Realtek HW Audio Codec - device cannot start

I have searched and can't seem to find a resolution.  This is a fresh install.  Obtained the driver from dell support site and it installs but no audio with the above error code in device manager.  No matter what I do I cannot get the audio device to work and wind up in the same situation.  This appears to be a driver issue.

XPS 13 (9343) running Windows 10 Pro 1809

Anyone have any advice?

January 4th, 2019 15:00

I got the audio working.  Strange I had to download the cab file containing the drivers for the laptop, extract it with 7zip, uninstall the non-working devices, remove the drivers both the audio devices that were showing up, then I had to add them back into device manager and point windows to the directory where I extracted the cab file in order to pull in the drivers.  After I did all that the audio is working.

January 12th, 2019 09:00

It looks that way...but...for me the only way I could get it to work was to download that cab file, extract it using 7zip, and then point device manager to the location where I extracted to install the driver.  It is strange indeed.

2 Posts

Where did you find the cab file containing the laptop drivers? I searched the Internet and found no working solution

2 Posts

It looks like the same driver is in 9343_Audio_Driver_8FWK0_WN32_6.4.10041.127_A01.EXE
Probably the problem was after my last Windows update. Now it is working. Weird. Thanks

No Events found!