Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

4 Posts

November 19th, 2021 05:00

XPS 13 9350: Chage SSD

Hi everyone,

I have a xps 13 9350 carrying a SSD PM251 NVMe Samsung 256GB. I think something bad happened to it since it does not appear in the BIOS settings (SATA-0 = (none) ). I have tried different troubleshooting ways, included reinstall the OS (windows 10), but still getting same errors ("hard drive not installed"). I have also tried some tests to check the integrity of RAM (which is fine). So I  suppose I need to change the SSD. Any suggestion to buy a new compatible SSD even with double storage capacity? Keep in mind that I am in EU and I prefer to buy it here and not in another continent due to shipping  time.

Thanks for the support!  

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

November 19th, 2021 05:00

Any single-sided M.2 2280 NVMe drive will work.  Some double-sided drives may work, but carefully review the specifications for the drive before buying -- there is not much clearance between the mainboard and base cover -- anything with a heatsink (and even some double-sided drives without one) will not fit.

4 Posts

November 19th, 2021 06:00

Thanks a lot ejn63, so for example this one should fit properly: Samsung Memorie MZ-V7S250 970 EVO Plus SSD Interno da 250 Gb, PCIe NVMe M.2, am I right?Cattura.PNG 

No Events found!