Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

1 Message

December 6th, 2018 23:00

XPS 13 9350 Intermittent Charging

I recently noticed that when I plug my AC Adapter in, the light on the adapter is on but my laptop says "plugged in, not charging." Furthermore, it seems to charge for a few seconds then stop. The charging light will come on for a few seconds, the little battery icon in the icon tray will start animating like it is charging, and then it will stop a few seconds later. Based on previous posts related to this, I tried looking at the battery in the BIOS. It said under "Primary Battery," Idle, Health = Good, AC Adapter = 45 W, and the current battery life (15%). I also used support assist to run the component tests for my battery. It says the battery life test returned warning. There is a warning at the top of the screen saying "The diagnostics results indicate that a part replacement is required for your system." There is also a message under the Next Steps for Fixing your Battery section that says "Your battery’s capacity is decreased. It is normal for rechargeable batteries to degrade over time." These messages seem a bit contradictory. Do I need to replace my battery to resolve the issue. Are there other things I could try to narrow down and identify the real issue? Thanks.

• 

16.7K Posts

December 7th, 2018 05:00

Varbie,

Click the links below for resolving the plugged in not charging error.

My Laptop Battery is Plugged In, But Not Charging

How to Resolve Battery and AC Adapter Issues on Your Dell Portable Computer

January 10th, 2023 13:00

Hi, The video is no longer available, could you update the first link you mentioned. Thanks.

No Events found!