Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

January 15th, 2018 07:00

XPS 13 9350 Wireless Display

I am trying to project the screen of my XPS 13 9350 to a Smart TV. It populates the device in the "Connect to a Wireless Display" menu but never connects. I am not sure if this is a driver or a hardware issue. My driver is "Dell Wireless 1820A 802.11ac". Any help or troubleshooting tips would be appreciated.

Thank you.

April 25th, 2020 06:00

Found a fix for this, miracast only works on 2.4Ghz connections and I was connecting using 5Ghz. Changed to 2.4 and the issue was solved. So simple in the end. Hope this helps someone!

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

January 15th, 2018 08:00

Miracast has never been an especially reliable protocol, but definitely try updating your drivers and TV firmware if you haven't already, and even your BIOS since I remember a BIOS update improving WiFi throughput on a Latitude 7480 once, so perhaps that might make a difference here.  Also note that Miracast uses Wi-Fi Direct, i.e. it connects directly from the laptop to the TV.  It does NOT go through a router, even if the PC and TV are on the same Wi-Fi network, so if you're currently trying to project to the TV while your PC is farther away and are expecting the router to bridge the gap, then that could be the issue as well.

1 Message

January 19th, 2019 10:00

I am having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution for this?

1 Message

February 19th, 2019 06:00

I have the same problem. What i have found out is to disconnect from wifi router/net and then connect to Wireless Display, then it works, but that's not an option just a clue for troubleshooting.

1 Message

May 1st, 2019 11:00

yeah - same model XPS (9350), same problem. Some details that may or may not differ:

• Problem occurs both on an LG smart TV with Miracast as well as another TV that has an attached Microsoft wireless display adapter.
  • Problem does NOT occur on the Dell XPS 9365 models (or any other computers) that are in the office.
  • Dell SupportAssist scan shows BIOS and all drivers are up-to-date.
  • Interestingly, problem does NOT occur if I disconnect the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265. Of course, as was already pointed out, that's no solution because what we have to project on the TV is internet stuff.

SO...is there any solution on the horizon? Is Dell updating the BIOS or drivers for this model ('cause things work with OTHER XPSs)?

October 16th, 2019 08:00

Same problem. I now found out through other replies that it connects if I have no WiFi connection, but as mentioned before, that is not very useful. Dell, please fix this.

April 25th, 2020 06:00

Found a fix for this. It was the wifi connection frequency, I was using 5Ghz and miracast uses 2.4Ghz so when I changed the connection on my laptop it worked! Finally! Hope that's helpful for people.

5 Posts

October 1st, 2023 11:18

it's 2023 and DELL is still not able to make this work - at least it is not working on Dell XPS 13 (7390); on other Dell eg Precision laptops it will  work, but weren't those XPS supposed to be " premium" products?!
what a (bad) joke

(edited)

No Events found!