Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

September 21st, 2018 10:00

XPS 13 9350 won't turn on, front light blinking

EDIT: Thankfully, it decided to fix itself. Phew!

I have an XPS 13 9350 that's a little over a year old.  My laptop was working normally 2 days ago, then last night it wouldn't turn on.  The battery indicator on the side showed that it still had a partial charge.  The power button itself lit up when I pressed it, but nothing appeared on the screen.  I tried holding the power button for 10 seconds to reboot it, then pressed power again, but nothing happened.  I tried that a few times.

I left it plugged in overnight and tried again this morning.  The battery indicator on the side showed it was full, so charging doesn't seem to be the issue.  I tried simply pressing the power button once, and again the button itself lit up but nothing else.  So I tried holding the button for 10+ seconds again to reboot.  This time the LED on the front edge started blinking.  It blinked white 1 time, then orange 2 times, and repeated that until I pressed the power button again.  Again, I tried that a few times, and nothing showed up on the screen.  I did sometimes hear a faint sound from the computer that I'm guessing was the fan.  I tried it both plugged in and unplugged.

I've seen some other posts with slightly different issues saying it was a bad motherboard that's expensive to fix.  I'm hoping someone knows of a magic (and cheap) way to fix it.  Any help would be appreciated!

No Responses!
No Events found!