Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Message

June 13th, 2019 14:00

XPS 13 9360 Headphone Mic Not Working Since Dell's Last Automatic Update

Recently, my laptop updated automatically. Since then, when I plug in my earbuds (the same standard Apple earbuds that I have been using with this laptop for over a year) I can hear perfectly but my microphone barely registers my voice. I have tried it on multiple apps like Zoom, Skype, the windows camera app, etc. and even opened up Waves MaxxAudio - all of them can barely pick up my voice. It also seems like my microphone level might be connected to my volume level - a few people have reported being able to hear me better when I turn my volume all the way up. However, then the volume is way too high for me to handle in my ears. 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek Audio (which strangely shows as "Realtek Audio" and not "Realtek HD Audio" in my device manager) and even tried uninstalling and reinstalling an older version, but no luck.

In the past, I have had some headset issues after updates, but to solve that I just had to reconfigure my headphones to "headset" in Waves so that it used the earbud mic instead of the built-in mic. That is not the case this time either.

I use Skype and Zoom on a daily basis for work and now can no longer use my laptop for these calls. It's really stressing me out!! I have spent probably 15 hours at this point reading message boards and trying different things. I'm so frustrated and don't know what else I can do. Please help! 

• 

17K Posts

June 14th, 2019 05:00

Ceci_works_remotely,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

1 Message

July 7th, 2019 14:00

After a while I found a solution.

I found a difference when installing the driver. Not sure what was but is one of these things.

• I manually uninstalled the driver update (in control panel, programs, uninstall, Realtek high definition audio driver). The update does this but until I did it manually it worked.
  • Make sure to restart the PC and notice that the audio will work and you will be able to connect and disconnect your headphone successfully but you will hear a notice interference. The update is supposed to fix this.
  • After the restart, install the update. Again, make sure to restart again your PC.
  • Also, I noticed that in previous intents, I had the headphones connected. The last time for me I did NOT have the headphones connected when installing the update.

I notice as new that when I connect the headphones, I get a notification window that lets you select the audio output which I did not have before even with the same update installed.

I hope it works for anyone else. 

1 Message

July 24th, 2020 16:00

I've also been experiencing the same issue and have been unable to find a solution. I use zoom a lot for school and work and this problem has been really frustrating.

August 7th, 2020 09:00

@DELL-Jesse L im having the same issue, are you able to help me as well?

11 Posts

August 12th, 2020 20:00

I have same issue and followed the instruction to remove the driver and restarted PC

My PC can detect headphone plug in but MIC doesn't work still.

I cannot use MIC on headphone but audio can play on headphone.

My PC is XPS 13 9380

• 

17K Posts

August 21st, 2020 07:00

JurgenTas,

Glad to hear the issue was resolved.

2 Posts

August 21st, 2020 07:00

I had problems using the microphone in Zoom (not in MS-Teams though); switching on/off every few seconds, so not usable.
The solution finally appeared very simple: switching off voice in MaxAudioPro (wasn't aware I had it) does the job! (see also in dell community xps-13-7390-mic-problems)

August 21st, 2020 11:00

i am having the same issue,  can someone help me out?

1 Message

August 26th, 2020 00:00

Hi this Solution worked for me. Thanks buddy!! Great work

• 

25.7K Posts

August 26th, 2020 00:00

Hello Srekanth,

I am glad the community has helped resolve the issue. Could you please mark the post you followed to resolve the issue as a solution, so it can come up in the thread and also show up in searches?

Thank you.

2 Posts

October 2nd, 2020 10:00

Same issue with my XPS 13 7390. You hit the nail, thank you!!!

No Events found!