Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 28th, 2018 04:00

XPS 13 9360, Waves MaxxAudio Pro equalizer not working

Hello, I installed waves maxxaudio pro from the microsoft store (but I already had it when it came with the laptop) and when I installed it, it said that the audio driver was not supported. Then by taking a stupid decision, I uninstalled the realtek high definition audio driver from the control panel and reinstalled it from the dell website twice. My preinstalled waves maxxaudio pro equalizer was working until I reinstalled the realtek high definition audio driver. I tried finding solutions about this matter and they said by reinstalling the audio driver, it worked. But it didn't for me.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 28th, 2018 09:00

The Waves software will normally install when you install the Realtek drivers.

If you already have the correct drivers downloaded, go offline and uninstall the Realtek HD audio from the Device Manager. Check the box to uninstall all drivers. If you have several sets of driver files available, the device may reinstall on its own if you allow the system to rescan devices. If so, uninstall again.

Once you have the system showing a Microsoft driver, then install your downloaded driver. Once that is finished, you can go back online. I stay offline because I have seen Windows install another driver with the same version number which was not compatible with my system.

Other things to check, see if any drivers are disabled in the Task Manager startup tab. See if you can open the Waves UI from the hidden icons on the taskbar or an app listing on the start menu. You may need to save a profile of whatever equalizer settings you want. Using such settings from both Windows and Waves, may not be advisable.

No Events found!