Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

10 Posts

February 14th, 2019 01:00

XPS 13 9360, WiFi problem

Hello,

I have XPS 13 9360 and i have nonstop wifi problem. XPS wifi dropping out and i am restarting computer then connecting but some minutes later same problem exists. I am calling technical services they says its about of windows problem. 

I cannot identify problem. Because for example in my home wireless modem i can connect with my iphones, tablets and another mac notebook but XPS wifi always dropping out. 

Is this anybody who lives same problem please help me. 

10 Posts

February 14th, 2019 02:00

Actually i have used with 5 different router and all of has same problem. Win updates are fully updated with latest updates and also dell updates are applied with latest. 

10 Posts

Unfortunately i have faced to many problems and Dell Turkey customer service is terrible. They are not interesting with your problem when they sold. 4 times they changed part in my XPS after when i bought but non of them fixed my problem. I have tried reinstall driver and its not fixing my problem. I think i should sell this XPS and never more buy dell any products. Because price-quality balance is terrible.

My recomendations are: 1. Try to use another router. Do you have this problem in office? In public WiFi? 2. Try to get logs from your router. It depends, but most modern routers are linux-based systems and it's possible to get detailed information about connections/disconnections 3. Standard recommendation - install all Win updates, latest router firmware, wifi drivers for XPS and so on.

OK. I would try to fully reinstall wifi drivers. Maybe it's a hardware problem. I have never had any WiFi issues with my XPS 9360

247 Posts

February 14th, 2019 03:00

Have you tried the drivers from Killer wireless directly? I had problems with Dell drivers after 1809 Windows 10 update. Worked with Killer support and they directed me to the driver only which worked. https://www.killernetworking.com/killersupport/category/other-downloads

10 Posts

February 14th, 2019 03:00

Thank you for your advice. i will try and inform.

10 Posts

February 14th, 2019 05:00

thank you so much for detaily advice. i will try and inform this solution.

489 Posts

February 14th, 2019 05:00

Yes try the latest driver-only version (the "suite" supposedly does some network optimisation but appears to be "sensitive"). 

Before installation, clean up the old driver thoroughly, and stop Windows Update from updating drivers automatically 

https://www.killernetworking.com/killersupport/driver-downloads/kb/faq/28-how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-killer-control-center

https://www.killernetworking.com/killersupport/driver-downloads/kb/faq/58-clean-install-

If issues persist, the Killer wifi+BT card in the 9360 can be replaced with the Intel 9260 (or older 8265, 9260, etc) card. Wifi and BT drivers from the Intel site work, for some cards they may also be available from the Dell site. 

10 Posts

February 15th, 2019 01:00

Hi everyone. First of all thank you to everyone for helping to me. But unfortunately none of fixed my problem. 

I begun to think i have hardware problem. 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 15th, 2019 05:00

Do you know if your system has the Killer Wireless card or an Intel version?  Since the download site has drivers for both, it is hard for us to know.

If you have a Killer card, as others have suggested, is to completely replace the current drivers.  First download the Killer Wireless drivers for the Rivet Networks site for the correct version of Windows 10.  It seems some are for 1803 and later so make sure and get the correct bit version and for your Win 10 version.  I do not go to the "Other Drivers" section.

Also as suggested, I like to go offline and uninstall the current device and check the box to uninstall the drivers.  The device may pop back up so possibly uninstall it again.  Once you feel you are ready, install the downloaded drivers.  Do not go back online until you have finished the install and reboot after.

There are many folks having problems with Wi-Fi dropouts.  So not just a 9360 situation but possibly a Win 10 update problem which may even involve your other devices.  If you can't get anything to work, test with all other wireless devices turned off.

10 Posts

I have an killer 1535, thanks i will try and inform.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

@berhankoc wrote:
I have an killer 1535, thanks i will try and inform.

OK, I ran one of those during a test on another system and it seemed to work OK for me.  The only other thing you might think about is checking the signal level of the Wi-Fi.  If it is low, there is a chance an antenna lead is loose and not making a good connection, but this would need someone to open the system to check.

If you have the Killer Wireless control panel installed, you can check the strength of your Router and see if any other systems are in the area which might be interfering.  If you do not have it installed and want to install it, wait until you have time to test your system after the driver re-install.

22 Posts

February 15th, 2019 06:00

@Saltgrass wrote:

...There are many folks having problems with Wi-Fi dropouts.  So not just a 9360 situation but possibly a Win 10 update problem which may even involve your other devices.  If you can't get anything to work, test with all other wireless devices turned off.

Yes, this is correct.  I have the XPS 13 9370 and I am having the same wifi disconnect issues.  My system has the Killer 1435 card.  I just noticed the disconnecting issue last night and I believe there was a recent Windows update, so the two may be related.  I will mess around with it after work tonight and try some of the recommended fixes.     

25 Posts

February 16th, 2019 13:00

We have at home a Dell XPS 13 9360, with the Killer 1535 wireless. When this laptop was bought brand new (in 1997), it suffered some problem with the WiFi: in particular Edge was initially slow in loading and refreshing web pages. I had then uninstalled the Killer Control Center - from my point of view it had a lot of features but could change process priorities which sometimes did not help, and installed only the specific Killer drivers .

In addition: even if the laptop was not having Adware, I also reinstalled Proxies, IPSec,  Winsock, TCP/IP, Host Data, using a small tool,  AdwCleaner, which does it automatically and very well. It is free, now part of Malwarebytes, you can download it directly from the developer ToolsLib https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/

So far the WiFi connectivity on this XPS works  very well. Let' us hope for the future!

10 Posts

February 17th, 2019 23:00

Dears thanks to everybody i tried everybody's solution and advice but unfortunately non of them worked on my case.

I think again i should create SR on dell technical team.

Thanks to all.

No Events found!