Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

1 Message

January 15th, 2019 14:00

XPS 13 9365 Multiple motherboard replacements / failures

Hi everyone!

I purchased this laptop on 2/28/17, in 2018 the motherboard was replaced 3 times, and the 4th time the computer stopped working, Dell issued me a refurbished replacement laptop.

Again the laptop had issues, sent it to Dell and it was returned with a document stating the motherboard was replaced yet again. Took it out of the box, tried to turn it on and it still isn't working! Completely unresponsive!

Has anyone else been dealing with this issue??

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

January 16th, 2019 04:00

Hi Karengb,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

When you say "Completely unresponsive" what exactly are you meaning? 

Does the computer turn on?  

Are there any lights illuminated?

Does the system POST

Here is additional information you may find helpful:

How to Fix a Computer that Won't Boot Up

Dell PC does not turn on or boot into Windows

If the system is under warranty, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service call -

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 16th, 2019 08:00

I have one I bought around the same time as yours.  I have not seen such problems but it would be helpful if you were to explain what problems were occurring.

Were there any components of your system which has not been replaced with the Motherboard and System replacements?  Maybe the power supply or drive? 

Had you installed any software prior to the time the problems started?  Could it be something related to your location?

2 Posts

June 26th, 2019 02:00

I have had the same problem. 3 new motherboards and now the laptop won't load past the Dell logo. Same problem as previously and seems to be due to hardware driver conflicts. Apparently needs a new motherboard (again!!!) but is now out of warranty. A very expensive brick but the lesson learned is to never buy another Dell.

2 Posts

July 16th, 2019 04:00

I’ve experienced the same thing. Right before the warranty expires and makes me nervous. I haven’t gotten it back yet. Arriving today. Will update if any issues. 

2 Posts

July 16th, 2019 22:00

Good luck. My first replacement lasted a week. My second replacement lasted a month.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

July 18th, 2019 05:00

Hi Seale2,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

No Events found!