Start a Conversation

Unsolved

X

5 Posts

November 14th, 2018 13:00

XPS 13 9370 Fan Noise & low disk space when charging

Hi Dell Support, 

I am using dell XPS 9370 developer edition. I am using 18.04 with bios 1.5.1 

The problem is when i charged my laptop fan starts with full noise and after 1-2 hours I get a message that there is no more space left on the disk. When i check disk usage from disk management it shows 4 GB remaining. After the restart it becomes normal for a while. Disk space is show correctly again but as soon as I plug the charger same thing starts happening again. 

This is very annoying. What could be the reason. I doubt its bios. 

Waiting for your response.

Thanks

5 Posts

This is happening even If i don't do anything. Just start the OS. login and start charging and fan starts disk is getting full. I have seen similar post people are complaining about fan noise in Windows. I have noticed fan noise + disk shrinking. I dont think so treesize has ubuntu installation. Does it ?

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

Plugging in a charger causes your disk space to get consumed, and simply restarting sets it back to normal?  That doesn't make any sense.  But if you want to see what's consuming your disk, use an application like TreeSize Free.  Make sure to run it with elevated privileges (right-click it, Run as administrator) so that it can inventory system folders as well.  If there's something causing runaway disk consumption on your drive, that will hopefully make it clear where the consumption is occurring.

No Events found!