Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

May 18th, 2018 20:00

XPS 13 9370 Flexing

Has anyone else noticed what seems like an abnormal amount of flex in the new XPS 13 9370? I love my laptop but everytime I pick it up from the bottom right corner it flexes so much that it actually causes the trackpad to click (and will even register a click in windows). Is this something I should get checked out or is it common in this model? I have last years model and I will be honest I kind of like it better because it feels sturdier in the hand. 

Thoughts? Am I just crazy?

1 Message

September 21st, 2018 16:00

Yeah i have the same thing and im worried that if it flexes too much the motherboard could get damaged or other things inside 

August 27th, 2021 04:00

no the mother board will be fine because of the aluminium body preety sure it won't break 

August 27th, 2021 04:00

well it is in all the models on dell xps 13cuz of how thin and light it is but it is any awesome product  

1 Message

April 22nd, 2022 07:00

I am having the chassis flex issue with my XPS 13 9310. If I lift from either the lower-left or lower-right, the chassis flex causes a trackpad click. This is terribly frustrating.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

April 22nd, 2022 09:00

There's only so much rigidity you can build into a system this thin and light.  If the system is new and the behavior too objectionable, consider returning the system for one that's sturdier -- but it will also be physically larger and heavier.

The rest should be obvious - lift the system with both hands, one on either side.  It will both solve the problem you're seeing and prevent the possibility of the screen cracking from improperly lifting the system from one side.

No Events found!