Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Message

January 20th, 2019 16:00

XPS 13 9370, Killer Wireless 1435, 5GHz solved

Hi all-

My XPS 13 9370 was having issues connecting to my Verizon FiOS 802.11ac 5GHz network. The network name was showing up in the available networks list, but everytime I tried to connect to it, it gave me a "Can't connect to network" error.

I tried reinstalling and updating drivers and messing around with network and driver settings with no luck. I finally came across this article: https://www.killernetworking.com/killersupport/driver-downloads/kb/faq/76-verizon-fios-5-ghz-issues

Apparently, if you are having trouble connecting to your AC 5GHz network, try changing to a non-DFS channel.

It did the trick for me and I hope it might help others with the same issue.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 21st, 2019 08:00

Well, something to think about although my ASUS router does not put me in any of the DFS ranges using the 80 MHz bandwidth.  It is interesting that these limits seem to be set around 2015 so they have been known for a while.  I wonder why Version is using them.

It may also be noted new Wi-Fi devices are coming online which use 160 MHz bandwidth.  It seems from the chart linked in your link, half of those will be in the DFS range.

As far as you know, do you live in a area which might be effected by Radar type emissions which would cause the channels to be effected?

Did you use the Killer Wi-Fi analyzer to check your channel usage?

No Events found!