Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 16th, 2018 02:00

XPS 13 9370, USB Type-C to USB-A adapter?

I have the new 2018 XPS on order, arriving next week, and was wondering if anyone knew whether Dell (UK) send an adapter as standard for USB C to USB A or do I need to buy one separately? All my external drives are USB A and the newest model doesn’t have these ports anymore. This is fine but I want to know either way before my order arrives. I emailed and called Dell but they can’t seem to give me an answer.

• 

17K Posts

January 16th, 2018 08:00

Pegasus75 and jphughan,

From the information I received it appears that in the UK it does provide the adapter as a drop in. Meaning, that only if he purchased it directly from Dell UK. If he purchased from a reseller, he has to buy the adapter. It shows = YYG9W USB Type-C to USB-A adapter,  Drop in box only

So he should contact UK support if it isn't in the box. They should send him YYG9W.

My Apologies to you both.

• 

17K Posts

January 16th, 2018 07:00

jphughan,

Let me verify on this specific system. I was looking at this link. After looking at the link it does not refer to the xps 9370.

Adapter

• 

17K Posts

Pegasus75,

Unfortunately, they are not included. They are sold separately.

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

@DELL-Jesse L, are you 100% certain about that?  Dell explicitly confirmed at CES that the XPS 13 9370 would come with a USB-C to USB-A dongle, and this has also been mentioned in various reviews of the system -- and none of those sources have indicated that this only applied to US systems.  Although if that is in fact the case, that's very disappointing.  It's not as if users outside the US have fewer USB-A peripherals, after all.

7 Posts

I agree with @jphughan, this is very disappointing if true. I’m not surprised though, I have to say. I have bought an adapter, though not from Dell, I think they’ve had enough of my money!

7 Posts

Ok thanks for this updated answer.

7 Posts

Thanks so much, Anker was actually the one I ordered so it’s good to know it’s decent. I bought one of their Bluetooth speakers a while back and it’s amazing for the price. Sound quality and battery life really good.

7 Posts

So you didn’t actually know the answer before responding to my question and before I bought an adapter? Pls be sure of your next answer.

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

@Pegasus75, if you haven't heard of them before and Amazon UK carries them, check out Anker products.  It's easiest to shop the products on Anker's own website and then search the model code on Amazon, which as near as I can tell is their only retail partner.  I became a big fan of theirs based on their USB battery packs, wall chargers, and cables, but they also have some USB-C accessories you may find useful.  They certainly have a basic USB-C to A dongle that I already own, but they also have things like a USB-C to A multi-port hub and even "mini-docks" that include some combination of a few USB-A ports, a media card reader, Gigabit Ethernet, and an HDMI output (up to 4K only @ 30 Hz due to current USB-C limitations).  And some also include the ability to pass through power from the system's AC adapter that you would attach to this device.  That's admittedly less of a need on a system like this that has multiple USB-C ports, but that capability carries the additional benefit of turning the mini-dock itself into a powered rather than unpowered USB hub.

13 Posts

January 21st, 2018 10:00

I can confirm it does arrive with an adapter.

1 Message

May 21st, 2018 03:00

I just received an XPS 13 9370 from the Dell Outlet Store and despite all the reports and the information in this thread it arrived without a usb c to a adapter in the box.

Both live chat and phone support told me that the laptop comes without the adapter, who should I believe to?

Very disappointed, not for the cost of the adapter per se but for the lack of clarity.

32 Posts

July 10th, 2018 09:00

Mine also came with an adapter, but I'm a business customer so maybe that's the cause? On the other hand the unboxing videos on YT all seem to have the dongle in the box.

7 Posts

July 10th, 2018 09:00

Same here, I just recived my Dell Xps 13 without the adapter which is unfortunate. 

From DELL OUTLET STORE

7 Posts

July 10th, 2018 12:00

You bought it from Dell outlet or dell main site ? Thanks

32 Posts

July 11th, 2018 00:00

We bought it directly from Dell through a quote from our Sales Account Manager.

No Events found!