Start a Conversation

Unsolved

JR

1 Message

February 11th, 2019 14:00

XPS 13 9370 can't connect to Laserbeam Pro C200 projector

I have a strange problem.  I bought (3) Dell XPS 13 9370 laptops for my office.  I also bought a Laserbeam Pro C200 pocket projector for each of them.  Small laptop + small projector is important for these 3 users.  Unfortunately I cannot get them to work together!

All 3 of the XPS 13 laptops have USB type C ports that can do video using a USB C to HDMI adapter.  I have tested the adapters and  they work fine with these laptops when connecting to other external screens.  I got them to work on an external monitor as well as a different projector.

The Laserbeam Pro C200 projector works perfectly when connecting it to all sorts of devices. For wired connections it came with an HDMI to Micro HDMI cable that works fine when connecting it to other laptops. And I can connect it to my cell phone (Galaxy S8) using the HDMI to Micro HDMI cable + USB C to HDMI adapter.  I can also connect to the projector wirelessly using SmartView (Miracast) on my phone.

But I cannot seem to get the Dell XPS 13 & the Laserbeam Pro C200 to work together!  I have tried various USB-C to HDMI adapters that all work with other external screens except this one.  I have tried reducing my laptop's screen resolution to be the same as the projector's native resolution.  I'm pulling my hair out of my head over here!

I should note that I when I use my USB C to HDMI adapter, I can see a scrambled version of my desktop come out of the projector.  So it's getting a signal, but not a clear one.

Help appreciated!

1 Message

April 5th, 2019 14:00

I'm having exactly the same issue on my Eve V computer I5, 8gb ram, 256 SSD, Intel Graphics HD 615, Display 2880x1920!! The weird thing is that I bought the projector and tested it today on its original resolution 1366x768 and it was working normally. But then I tryied to change the resolution for another reason and the projector starts to project this unclear image. The Laser Beam Pro C200 projector connects on my computer in any resolution, but with a scrambled signal like if its having a bad contact. The only resolution that it works properly is on 1280x720 at 50hz! Any idea? Thanks

2 Posts

July 30th, 2019 02:00

Oh, works now. My bad, sorry. Connection troubles I guess

2 Posts

July 30th, 2019 02:00

JOcean
4 Ruthenium

‎02-11-2019 04:05 PM
Re: XPS 13 9370 can't connect to Laserbeam Pro C200 projecto

Not sure this forum post will help but have a look.

https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General-Read-Only/Dell-XPS-13-Not-Connecting-to-a-Projector/t...

https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General-Read-Only/How-to-connect-xps-13-9550-to-external-moni...

Looks like your links don't work...

No Events found!