Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

5 Posts

April 23rd, 2019 12:00

XPS 13 (9380) Dell software problems

Some issues, in particular related to Dell software, have started to appear on my windows 10 partition:

• Dell Power management opens with the message 'install the DPS component service from dell.com' but when I tried to do that (downloading the driver installer from dell) the installer gives an error and quits. The power manager app still works but only shows the battery charge, no power management options or battery health information.
  • The Dell Update App takes very long to open and when it does it crashes after I start the check for new updates.
  • The Support Assist app shows one available update (for Intel Chipset Device Software Driver) and downloads it correctly. It however then asks for a restart and, after restarting the computer, still shows the same update as if it hadn't been installed.
  • The Audio manager for the realtek HD audio manager is nowhere to be found. I have looked online and it should be in a folder named HDA, inside the realtek folder in' Program Files'. My realtek folder, however, is in 'Program Files (x86)' and does not have an HDA folder in it, nor the exe file to start the audio manager. I have tried reinstalling the driver downloaded from dell but it did not change anything (the driver also shows up in device manager as realtek(R) Audio instead of Realtek High Definition Audio as I've seen online).
  • Standby time seems a bit short, I am not hybernating the laptop, but when put to sleep it drained ~40% of battery overnight (10-12 hours). I'm not sure if this is to be expected or if the laptop is not actually going to sleep.

• 

16.7K Posts

April 24th, 2019 04:00

funky_monk96,

Click the link below to download the DPM from the microsoft store.

Dell Power Manager

Click the link below to download the realtek audio

Dell xps 9380 Drivers and Downloads

If you put your laptop to sleep and if its not plugged in the battery will drain.

May 1st, 2019 02:00

I already have the app, I have tried redownloading it. I have tried many times to install the driver in the second link, that is where the installation fails

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DJUUyy8PEMJvbSjX1Yq_R-XoOwVHDASv

this is the link to the log file of the failed installation

25 Posts

May 2nd, 2019 00:00

Hi Funky_Monk96.

That link contains personal information in your log file like your email address, I would suggest you PM the mods, rather than posting it on a public forum.  

Just trying to help :) 

No Events found!