Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

1 Message

May 14th, 2020 21:00

XPS 13 9380 freezing

Hi, I've had an XPS 13 9380 for about a year now, and within the last month (shortly after the last BIOS update) I've been experiencing an issue where the laptop will freeze and crash. I've updated all my drivers to the latest version, and this hasn't helped. I notice that when this happens, I get the Windows notification sound that I would normally get when a device is connected or unplugged from the computer. Sometimes I'll also hear the sounds multiple times in quick succession. Sometimes it will freeze briefly before unfreezing and finally crashing. I've run the Dell support assist hardware scan and it says there were no problems detected.

Anyone have any ideas as to what the issue might be? I really don't want to have to send my laptop somewhere to get fixed right now, and this problem is happening frequently. Hardly the first issue I've had with this device but by far the worst.

1 Message

May 23rd, 2020 11:00

Exactly the same symptom with my XPS 13 9350.
Problems began just after an update using Dell Sopport assist  ....

I really suspect this last update.
What can I do?

If Dell support has an idea, I buy it !

JFD

1 Message

July 19th, 2020 12:00

Mine freezes at least once a day and a hard reset is the only way to recover.  Every time I lose work.  I have searched the forums, performed updates including the BIOS one.  It's beyond annoying.  I would have returned it if weren't for missing the window due to COVID-19.

1 Message

February 21st, 2021 09:00

Hi all,

I've had mine for just over a year and this has been happening since I got it.  Basically, the system freezes for usually around 5 seconds, the cursor is not movable, and then magically it un-freezes. The machine has crashed or shutdown unexpectedly a handful of times since I've gotten it, but otherwise has been relatively problem-free.  I am going to reach out to Dell via their customer support through my extended warranty to see if they have any solutions.  Will update the post if I get any answers.

March 2nd, 2021 08:00

I have the same problem here with XPS 139380 and to be honest, I am giving up. Nothing or none solves it.

3 Posts

January 31st, 2022 15:00

Same problem with me now. Screen is frozen while restarting for long hours. 

No Events found!