Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

5 Posts

June 18th, 2022 06:00

XPS 13 Plus shipment issue

Very upset by the slow shipment. Placed the XPS 13 plus OLED order from US on May 21, express shipping, originally estimated delivered by June 20. Then in production on May 26, shipped from China on May 30. I was happy that it was shipped early, but the long waiting began, it stuck in the warehouse forever. More Confused is that, it got scanned every one or two days but everything just stopped on June 7th, 11 days passed but no updates anymore. If it were still in the warehouse waiting for export then why no warehouse scan after June7, If it actually departed Shanghai then why no updates about the departure or arriving after 10 days? I have to consider the probability of lost? What happened to them?

I eagerly need that Windows computer to do something immediately in my lab. Also go to another country for a long time in two weeks so I have to get it by end of June.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

June 18th, 2022 08:00

It's not uncommon for international shipping to stretch over a few weeks at this point -- and new orders for this model are showing delivery between 4 and 8 weeks out.  You generally do not see updates on shipping until the system arrives at a logistics center in the US.

June 20th, 2022 14:00

If it makes you feel any better, I’m in the exact same situation as you. Shipped 5/30. Warehouse scanned until 6/7. Nothing since. Dell representatives have both lied (telling me that it was already in the US) as well as denied knowing where it is. They claim they would expedite and check with logistics. I have serious doubts I’ll ever get a straight answer. Really poor CS. 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

I am waiting to purchase a Dell Monitor.  I have not done so because the ETA of the unit is about 9 weeks away and maintains that same time lag over the last couple of months.  The monitor is also OLED.

Since China is opening up finally, maybe shipping times will start to shorten.

Word of warning, the delivery dates appear to be completely false. 

1 Message

June 20th, 2022 19:00

Having the same issue. It showed order shipped earlier on 1st Jun, and that's it, nothing after that. Don't even have a link to track where it is.  Already passed the original estimate date and still no update. No update from customer service either. 

Also, I just checked the service tag of this order, it showed the warranty/support already start from 31 May, expire on 2 June 2023. How can the warranty already started when I don't have the order yet? which means i would only get support for 10-11 months by the time I receive it?

Anyone has the same issue? 

5 Posts

June 20th, 2022 21:00

Same here. My Premium support has been activated without my hand on my laptop. Think about it, the 30day return policy, premium support etc all started from shipping date. We are forced to pay 100 bucks for premium support, which means Dell has robbed about 8 bucks from us because of this horrible shipment.
The lockdown in Shanghai has already been completely lifted since June 1st, they have freight flights going to LA or Chicago every day. WHAT ARE THEY DOING!

June 20th, 2022 21:00

The 30 day return situation is frustrating. I’ve been told they will be flexible, but since they have already been deceptive regarding the units whereabouts, there’s no reason for me to believe they are telling the truth on the return. 

June 22nd, 2022 05:00

I checked my tracking again this morning, and while it still shows "in warehouse" I did notice some shipping details have been added. Perhaps this means it is finally getting ready to leave Shanghai. Notice anything different on yours?

5 Posts

June 22nd, 2022 06:00

Same here. Same tracking number, on Dell’s page it updated to label created and not picked up yet. On the UPS page it said label created and add some details like the weight, UPS worldwide express savor etc, originally it was only 2 or 3 lines with a UPS savor. May be good news, let’s just wait. For now I don’t trust anything until I put my hands on the laptop.

another thing, when I ordered XPS 13 plus in May, it said the headphone adapter is optional, but I did not find a single place letting me to choose if I want that. Then the invoice just said it is not included. Is it my problem or something else? I saw a YouTuber showed he did not have a headphone adapter in the box, so it is not generally included?

June 22nd, 2022 07:00

Mine just updated and cleared customs. At least it is moving now.

I have confusion over the adapter as well. I believe the earlier orders were being shipped without the adapter, but would be eligible to receive one down the road. Now that they have those stocked, they are including them with new orders. My invoice also stated that the adapter wasn't included. If it arrives without one, and I actually decide to keep this thing, I'll just request that they send it. Hopefully they added it to the box when it was produced, but who knows.

June 24th, 2022 03:00

Guess I spoke too soon. The package has stalled out again with no estimated date of delivery from UPS. Also, Dell “expediting” things didn’t do anything, although I’m confident they didn’t really attempt to do anything. 

5 Posts

June 28th, 2022 14:00

My package arrived at Louisville in US last Friday and then, import scan and warehouse scan, again and again, without movements. Oh my gosh, I can feel my blood pressure explodes when I see the word “warehouse scan” again. So it stuck at US customs, for how long, two days? A week? A month? 

30 day return policy is gone, one month of premium support is gone, who knows if they give me the headphone adapter. Why is it so hard to get a  laptop and a normal service!? Almost lost all the expectations to XPS 13 plus, considering cancel the order or return the order and wait for the Surface laptop 5.

No Events found!