Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

September 15th, 2018 16:00

XPS 15 2019, number pad?

Will the XPS 15 2019 model have a number pad? Really hoping it does, nothing else that has a num pad is comparable to it. 

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

September 18th, 2018 07:00

I woudn't hold my breath.  The XPS 15 has been large enough to accommodate a number pad since it was introduced years ago, and Dell ships other 15" laptops with built-in numpads, so the choice to omit it on the XPS seems deliberate.  My dad owns an accounting firm, so they buy 15" systems with built-in numpads because numpads are used constantly in that field, but for people who don't use them, having a built-in numpad means that your hands will be placed off-center on the palmrest, which usually causes your left hand to be uncomfortably resting against the side edge of the system and also creates an awkward balance that becomes especially annoying if you're trying to use your laptop on your lap.  For comparison, all 15" Lenovo ThinkPad systems have included built-in numpads, but they just recently introduced the X1 Extreme and its sister system the P1 to compete with the XPS 15 and its sister system the Precision 5530, respectively -- and those new Lenovo systems lack numpads.

No Events found!