Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Message

July 8th, 2020 11:00

XPS 15 7590 USB-C to HDMI Problems

So I went and bought the most expensive laptop I could find my hands on (XPS 15 7590) as my previous HP x360 Envy broke after 6 onths of use.  Shocked am I when I found that my USB-C to HDMI adapter is not working.

The adapter worked 100% with my HP.  The USB-C port is working fine as the same docking station USB port is working.  It's only the HDMI port which is not working.

The screen connected through the USB-C adapter is shown in Windows Display settings.  If I select the monitor the monitor is shown as Disconnected.  If I select Extend Display it just reverts back to Disconnected.

The adapter I'm using is this one:

https://www.takealot.com/usb-3-1-usb-c-type-c-to-hdmi-digital-av-otg-adapter/PLID49127103

I read on a few threads here that this is a potential problem with these models.  Is that true?  I'm very disappointed where I stand.

I'm sure this has nothing to do with it, but something else that's bothering me is the Killer Wifi gives an error message each time Windows boots.  I installed the latest drivers and it won't go away.

Any help will be appreciated!  If I cannot use this adapter, which one will definitely work?  

No Responses!
No Events found!