Highlighted
2 Bronze

XPS 15 9500 All sound plays as static

Jump to solution

I need help troubleshooting this issue. Any and all sound comes through the speakers as static. Even the sound when you plug in a device. I tried to connect a speaker via an aux cable but the sound still comes through as static. I have updated all software and updated all drivers. I'm not really sure what to do from here. This laptop is 3 weeks old. 

Here is a video of the static sound: https://youtu.be/Qv7eZbO512A

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: XPS 15 9500 All sound plays as static

Jump to solution

A Dell rep has since worked on the laptop. It was a driver that was not automatically updating from the SupportAssist app on the Dell. The Dell rep had to go into the BIOS platform and force install it there. It now works as good as ever. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Thanks for your post

Jump to solution

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

Update = DELL-Cares agent set up a service to replace the touchpad and the speakers.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, click my Dell-name and send me a private message with your Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Thanks for your post

Jump to solution

How do I get a technical support to check and fix the static noise coming out of the internal speaker?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: Thanks for your post

Jump to solution

They were already scheduled to come out and fix my track pad so I had them fix the speaker while they were here. Good luck 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

Sounds like bad hardware. Return for a refund and buy a new one, this way you know you're getting a fresh one. If you go the repair route could take months.

0 Kudos
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Having a similar issue, just started tonight. laptop is 4 months old. Was watching a movie, paused it and stepped away, then when I came back all sound from the external speakers was static. Headphones work fine. Paid a lot of money for this laptop, better not be a hardware issue 4 months in. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

A Dell rep has since worked on the laptop. It was a driver that was not automatically updating from the SupportAssist app on the Dell. The Dell rep had to go into the BIOS platform and force install it there. It now works as good as ever. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos