Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

3 Posts

January 28th, 2021 08:00

XPS 15 9500 won't wake up unless plugged in

This happens every once in a while when I go to wake up my laptop. I'll open the lid, and the machine won't react at all or wake up. I can press the fingerprint/power button, and get no response whatsoever. However, if I connect the power cord, then the power button wakes it up immediately.

I would have thought this is because I let the battery run down, but as soon as the computer wakes up, I can unplug the power cord and it says it has 47% battery life left. Is there some setting that doesn't let it wake up if it's battery is below 50%?

Normally this isn't too much of a hassle since we're all stuck home due to covid, but if/when we might be traveling again it would be pretty frustrating if the laptop is unusable unless plugged in.

1 Message

April 1st, 2021 06:00

I have the same problem!!! 

2 Posts

April 11th, 2021 01:00

I have the same problem with a DELL Inspiron 14 7000 (7490)

2 Posts

November 13th, 2021 13:00

Same problem here, same machine.

I've read that people are having this issue after replacing the battery, but that's not the case here, all original components.

I notice that you can press and hold the power / fingerprint button, wait a bit, then press it again, and it will boot. But it will have lost all your work in the process since that performs a power off / hard reset.

1 Message

November 13th, 2021 19:00

If not plugged in it will boot, but the screen after the dell logo shows , remains off, i can hold the fingerprint reader button for 10 secs and the screen will appear asking if you want to shutdown, otherwise you have to have the power plugged in to boot.

Also noticed if i pull the power plug out from laptop the screen will DISSAPEAR for a sec, and come back on....

Perhaps this needs to be sent back, only had one week.. oled model 9550 15 inch.

January 6th, 2022 11:00

I also have the same issue with a brand new XPS 15 9510 (purchased December 2021). Shame for such a high spec machine...

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

January 12th, 2022 09:00

I have a XPS 15 7590 4k bought last year January 2021 there was a crazy good deal. Do you guys have the problem where if your computer is plugged in and you try to perform a Restart, my computer will begin to restart and shut down but it will not boot back up. I have waited, I have hit the power button all while the ac adaptor is still plugged in. What I have found is I have to unplug the AC adaptor and hit the power button and it will continue its restart. or unplug the ac adaptor and plug it back in and sometimes that turns it on.  

1 Message

April 11th, 2022 20:00

I have the same problem with Dell Inspiron 14 5000. Noticing this recently. Strange that no one from Dell has replied.

No Events found!