Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

32 Posts

June 17th, 2022 07:00

XPS 15 9510 laptop and VHS to Video capture card issues Win11

Has anyone had experience using using the UCEC "All In One" video USB capture device  on Win11 XPS 15 laptop?

The display area in the "VHS to DVD 5.0SE" app was initially working but stopped and is now black, but the video and audio capture/record properly ... just no main panel display.

I've tried all 3 USB ports (that are Thunderbolt and USB 3 so they are all fast enough) and restarted etc.

Strangely, the device and app work perfectly on an older Win10 Studio 1557 laptop.  So I'm pretty sure this is some hidden configuration change setting of the app in Win11.

1 Rookie

• 

32 Posts

June 23rd, 2022 13:00

So to summarize, the capture card itself  works perfectly. The only issue I have is the suggested software. With this basic capture card, I've digitized several VHS movies and other analog video for Win11 and Dell XPS 15 laptop hardware, the Microsoft Camera app is a good match if your needs are basic.

• 

25.7K Posts

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

There are all sorts of posts out there about that software having trouble with even Windows 10 and needing an upgrade -- check with the publisher.  It appears the current version of that software is Version 9.

1 Rookie

• 

32 Posts

June 17th, 2022 08:00

Thank you. The software provider ezcap provided me yesterday with the latest (my understanding) version for the analog video capture device   excap159.  (which installs VHS to DVD 5.0SE).

The other software, OBS Studio, works to a certain extent as described here:

UCEC USB 2.0 UVC Video Capture: Win11 Config (jensign.com)

As the article discusses, the Win11 Mic audio driver settings have to be disabled to get good captured audio. 

1 Rookie

• 

32 Posts

June 22nd, 2022 14:00

It turns out that the Microsoft Camera App in Win11 works perfectly with this video to USB capture device. Just enough options for the capture video. Very easy to use. No other software required and capture is MP4.

5 Practitioner

• 

2.4K Posts

June 22nd, 2022 18:00

Garbage software and Vendor !! 

Get a better capture device I hardly think they will release a version for windows 11

No Events found!