Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

1 Message

December 22nd, 2022 05:00

XPS 15 9520 Battery Issue?

I've purchased XPS-15 9520 about six months ago (June 2022). The laptop was doing fine until December 2022. There are three incidents happened related to battery:
1-Last week the laptop was on sleep mode overnight and in the morning it was so hot that it did not start-up until cooled down.
2-Couple of days after the first incident the laptop did not start-up again. This time it was shut down but charging cable was plugged in. Even though, the laptop was off, I've plugged in cooling fan under the laptop. The fan started. How come a fan can start running if computer was off. Anyways, I've disconnected the charging cable and when the laptop  cooled down it started.
3-Today (December 22nd of 2022) The laptop was shut down over night and charging cable was on. In the morning laptop did not started because it hot again. When I push the start button it was only Dell logo can be seen. While on that state, I've unplugged the charging cable and let the cooling fan start. Ten minutes or so laptop started.

I think this is a very dangerous situation due to fire hazard and totally not acceptable.       

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

December 22nd, 2022 06:00

This forum thread has more information on the 9500 series and temps.

No Events found!