Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

WL

2 Posts

March 25th, 2023 03:00

XPS 15 9520, "Audio Enhancement" can not be turned off

After this month's Windows update, as soon as "Audio Enhancement" in "Sound" is turned off, there is no sound from the laptop. It has sound as soon as "Audio Enhancement" was turned on. And after reinstalling the audio driver, the name of my Speaker changed to "2-Realtek(R) Audio". Not sure what the problem is.

But the sound after turning on "Audio Enhancement" is too sharp, I still want to turn it off.

I have tried to change it in the properties of the Speaker, and reinstalled the previous version of the driver, and reinstalled the latest driver, all of which are invalid.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 27th, 2023 10:00

I suppose we can assume you are referring to the built-in speakers for that system?  The OS in Windows 11?

I am not on a Dell system right now but the Settings-System-Sound and properties of my external speakers shows Device Default Effects or Off.

This may depend on your drivers but you should be able to modify the sound using the Waves utility.

March 27th, 2023 23:00

Thanks for your reply.

Built-in speakers, Windows11, BIOS and drivers are all lastest.

Device Default Effects or Off, when I choose "Off". There is no sound from the laptop.

And I checked Waves, there is no relavant setting.

2 Posts

May 29th, 2023 04:00

The main problem is with Realtek audio driver with Waves audio enhancement app.
I can't even uninstall those drivers.

If you do those will be auto installed.

I also tried to disable those from windows update  , but that even didn't work.
The problem with audio enhancement is that , it's making actual sound horrible....

I just wanna disable sound enhancement but can't do that.
If you disable audio enhancement and try playing any audio , it'll show error.

Following is audio setting screenshot...

MJaff_0-1685360983105.png

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

May 29th, 2023 06:00

I am learning from an ASUS system that the Windows Device Default Effects, does play a role in what additional utilities you have for setting up sound, such as the Waves utility.

Keeping track of what settings do or do not affect your current system is not easy. 

No Events found!