Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

10 Posts

February 21st, 2020 07:00

XPS 15 9550 Battery replacement

Hello to all, I spent over €2500 for the XPS Laptool with all bells & whistles because my previous DELL laptop did me a great service. This one, bought in august 2016 makes nothing but problems. battery is empty and shuts down the laptop after only two hours of use. this is completely unacceptable for a laptop of three years and at this price.

Worse, no product is found on the DELL Website. Support, after an HOUR of discussion, tells me that they can not order a new battery and I should order via Amazon or another company!!!! This is scandalous as a "service"...and I am a business customer! I checked on Amazon and the product sold there is at double the price quoted by DELL!

After two days of looking for a solution, I have none so far....and certainly no new battery. Their excuse was, that they can not guarantee CHINESE manufacturing and this could happen given Chinese origin! ....NOT at all acceptable if I by a laptop for €2500. Now, even if I did have a battery, how to exchange it???? I am not a technician, no is there a DELL shop where I could go. The technical service hotline charges €0.15 to fix broken products and starts with 5 minutes of useless wait and talk and codes and automated voices.

I have other problems too with frequent EXCEPTIONAL STOP codes that make me loose my work. The weight, size of the laptop remains great which is why I bought this one. 

However, ....APPLE has excellent customer service.....I can walk into any shop and get serviced with a smile and efficiently while waiting. On the phone , they do a great job. They are available in the language you require.

I noted on this forum the recall period, which of course, I have missed because i received no notification whatsoever. Is that not illegal??? Another scandalous issue!

I have no solution for my current problem, but at least and already for the next laptop purchase, the answer seems obvious.

10 Posts

February 21st, 2020 10:00

yes, has it finally been allowed? I am absolutely shocked about the lack of service. I was refused service in Germany, they passed it on to France, which sends me french documents which I do not understand....the very reason why I contacted another service int eh first place!!! Now two days later, more than an hour on the telephone and I do not know how many emails....I am still left with a battery problem

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

February 22nd, 2020 18:00

I am not sure if you tried this site which carries genuine Dell batteries and I believe they ship worldwide. I am not sure how competitive the price is though.

10 Posts

February 23rd, 2020 06:00

hi, thank you so much for your message. The original product appears out of stock and I live in Europe/ France which means I would have another $35 shipping costs, custom fees etc etc...very complicated, if at all possible. I fail to understand why I do not seem to be able to get this at DELL directly? Anyone know? Is there delivery delays or stock problems? Surely, they must still sell a replacement for a laptop only 3 years old, that shouldn't need a battery replacement in the first place. If DELL is of no help, does anybody know a reliable source in Europe? I fail to find one. Many thanks in advance

No Events found!