Start a Conversation

Unsolved

X

20 Posts

March 28th, 2019 01:00

XPS 15 9550 is dead, completely dead. Doesn't turn on at all

I performed a deep power cycle including CMOS battery replacement, still nothing. Laptop has not had any sort of damage to internals or externals. Any advice of what to do? \

This is my life, my livlihood, I cna't live without my laptop working . Any suggestions are very welcome. 

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

March 28th, 2019 06:00

Are you hearing any beeps or sequence of flashing lights? Any kind of response from the system at all when you press the power button?

https://www.dell.com/support/article/ca/en/cadhs1/sln85632/dell-pc-does-not-turn-on-or-boot-into-windows?lang=en

March 28th, 2019 17:00

If it was easier to get a replacement motherboard in S.E.Asia philippines i would probably do that and attempt a replacement seeing as I've already opened the laptop twice and am familiar with the internals .

March 28th, 2019 17:00

Nothing at all. Zero response. I am also not a gamer so the system was never really pushed to its limits either.

March 30th, 2019 22:00

Battery swelling right through the touchpad and Dell refuse to recall ... this is probably why my laptop is not working?? Garbage company. Never again. Going back to Thinkpad.

3 Posts

April 1st, 2019 09:00

Hi,

I have the same laptop and it is 6months old, and on Sunday (31/3/19) I had the same symptoms. The laptop was used on battery for a few hours and it eventually turned itself off. I plugged in the charger and left it for a couple of hours but it still would not turn on.

Solution - you need to turn the laptop upside down and unscrew the cover. ten (small t4 hexagonal) screws around the side and two regular screws under the flap in the middle.

You then unplug the battery connector on the right. Wait for 5 mins then plug it back in and screw the cover back on. Plug in the charger and press the on button. Your laptop should now power on. I have attached a picture so you can see the connector.xps-laptop-fixed.JPG

Simple fix if you have the tools. Luckly I bought the screwdriver set while shopping in ASDA a few weeks ago.

I hope it fixes your problem.

January 5th, 2020 08:00

Did you ever get a fix?

Just had same happen to me on XPS 15  -  premium priced product for garbage quality and service.  Already had to have the entire screen panel (supposedly the best laptop [panel Dell make) and motherboard and disk replaced in 6 months, and never really right after that (frequent bsod and driver issues, poor colour quality)!    Now a month out of warranty died completely and will not restart.   I have worked professionally in the IT industry for 35 years and this is the worst computing device I have ever experienced.

January 5th, 2020 09:00

Hi

Unfortunate Dell XPS 9350 owner here.

When it had warranty, the laptop stopped working one day, completely black and no post. I took it to technical service and got the motherboard replaced.

Out of warranty, it happened again. I learned to take the cover off and unplug the batteries. That is a process that I have done quite a few times.

This morning, the computer showed the same symptoms. I did the regular thing. I saw posting but no windows screen.

I then try to run diagnostics using the bios tools. It says that everything is fine.

Manage to install a fresh copy of windows. The recovery tools didn't work for some reason. I got it to run again and was setting up the computer. Then, while I was doing this, the computer screen went black. The system kept working, I've got it to make sounds when I unplugged my peripherals.

The weird thing is that there is a "light shadow" on the screen.

I could only get it to post and no luck getting it up and running through recovery tools.

Redid everything again and reinstall Windows. Then the computer starts to update, it makes the sound as I unplugged something, even thou I didn't, and goes again to black screen.

Now, I don't know what else to do. I didn't do this to my computer. I am suspecting that is an update.

Call service and the shitty costumer services representative said that to share with me information regarding my issue I would have to make payments.

If any of you has an idea or experience a similar issue and can provide guidelines, it would be much appreciated

Best

Julian

No Events found!