Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 27th, 2020 14:00

XPS 15 9560, firmware 1.19.2, Alert! TPM is not detected

Followed all of the support knowledge base and some other guides, but nothing worked. Here is my situation:

1. Device Manager- not showing security devices at all (Including TPM)

2. BIOS (F2) has no option for TPM security

3. Bitlocker- off

4. TPM 2.0 firmware software and driver "TPM query failed"

5. When powering off, unplugged, wait 30 seconds, plug back in, turn on device - problem still shows up

6. When powering off, unplugged, take out battery, drain battery 60+ seconds, plug everything back- same problem

7. Downgrading to 1.15- "ME Firmware downgrade was not allowed", "Firmware update failed"

8. Admin powershell / disable-tpmautoprovisioning - device is not ready for use

9. tpm.msc - compatible TPM cannot be found

I read as much as I could, but I could not find a solution. 

@Dellalias

@TeHe 

@Richie1981 

@JD111 

If anyone could, Please help this poor student and Thanks!

1 Message

July 4th, 2020 05:00

I have the same problem with my xps 15 9560 bios 1.19.2

29 Posts

July 8th, 2020 14:00

Strangely enough, the TPM appeared out of nowhere.

But I stopped using Bitlocker and the TPM..........

All I know was that I was running the a image with Windows 10 1903 at the time, created with the Media Creation tool.

After Windows 10 1909 was released, I restored my XPS with de Dell Stock Image with Windows 10 1909, created with Dell OS Recovery tool. After that, the TPM was detected again. While testing I also set my Bios to Default Settings and Factory settings.

Now I'm running a stock install (created with Media Creation Tool) with Windows 10 2004 and it's still available.

So I really can't give a correct solution about how it was fixed..............

5 Posts

July 13th, 2020 15:00

I have tried exactly same steps and no solution. DELL step up and fix this!

1 Message

July 14th, 2020 23:00

Same problem here but on top of the TPM Error, I am always stuck on the Dell Loading page and have to go through the loading page..

Tried any "solution" I could find but none of them worked.

1 Message

July 16th, 2020 02:00

I have the same issue. Reverting the bios back to 1.15.0 (https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-uk/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=T4GMN) was partially successful. Some components of the BIOS cannot be downgraded. This worked although some Dell process automatically updated the BIOS back to 1.19.2 on the next restart and the problem came back.

July 19th, 2020 14:00

Also having this issue and have completed recommended steps. Commenting to follow this discussion to discover if Dell will actually step up or if they believe in continuing the practice of creating errors like this that force customers to buy new products from them.

July 27th, 2020 12:00

Same exact issues. Purchased 1 year warranty expired on August 31, 2018. Thanks to the original poster for the excellent detail.

1 Message

July 27th, 2020 17:00

I have been having the same issue. I've taken all of the suggested steps and nothing has worked.

2 Posts

July 31st, 2020 08:00

Yep having the same problem with my XPS 15 9560. Do we know when dell might fix this?

1 Message

August 1st, 2020 00:00

Since the beginning with BIOS version 1.16, they have not fixed this bug.
I think the main thing for Dell is to make money. They are not interested in working with clients.
Just don't recommend buying Dell to anyone. That's all.

3 Posts

August 2nd, 2020 20:00

Has anyone actually brought this issue to Dell's attention?

1 Message

August 2nd, 2020 20:00

Same issue here!!  

how could this issue not solved for such a long tim.

I am 15 year Dell user.  Now considering not to use Dell anymore. ;-<

1 Message

August 3rd, 2020 09:00

Yes, I contacted Dell when I first got the issue when upgrading to 1.16. Their advice, after some back and forth without a solution, was to revert back to 1.15, which I did. Disappointing that we're on 1.19 and still no solution, if anything because the popup saying I have updates to install is getting quite annoying, and I can't install any other updates without also updating the bios..

2 Posts

August 4th, 2020 11:00

Yeah I tried downgrading to 1.15, but my XPS doesn't actually allow the downgrade to happen. So I'm just stuck with 1.19. I don't know what to do now, it's just really frustrating. Any suggestions on what to do?

1 Message

August 5th, 2020 16:00

I have the exact same issue and I remember dealing with this back when I updated past 1.15. Windows recently decided it wanted to update my BIOS automatically for me (even though I previously had the options to not auto update devices and drivers) and I'm back to trying to figure out why this is happening. I rolled back to 1.15. It said it failed, but it is registering at 1.15.

I don't think I have a TPM on this machine. It has never shown up in the BIOS and it has never shown up in Windows. I don't know why these stupid BIOS updates think I have one. 

We've had nothing but trouble with Dells at work as well. I will never buy another Dell.

No Events found!