Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

May 14th, 2020 11:00

XPS 15 9560 restart issue: Won’t restart on battery power.

Recently, my original battery died. I bought a new one (OEM) from Newegg and replaced it. Everything works perfectly fine except when on battery I restart it and get to the Dell logo just before the Windows welcome screen (sometimes I'll see the windows screen for a split second) the computer turns off, and it won't turn on unless I connect it to the power supply. Shutdown and turning it on again works fine. This only happens when I restart the laptop on battery power.

I drained residual power, disconnect and reconnect the battery and ac adapter several times. I've reinstalled windows 3 times already, twice the BIOS, I even rolled it back to previous versions. The problem persists.

I would very much appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Thank you in advanced.

Sam

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 14th, 2020 13:00

Dell laptops require genuine Dell replacement batteries from Dell. Since there are none available from Dell, try removing the battery and use the adapter alone. If that works, use the laptop as a desktop replacement. 

Lots of scams around the web with replacement batteries. Is Newegg a marketplace now with private sellers? I checked and yes it is so most likely there is no returning it. There is even a 'borrowed' picture from a catalog on a website, which is a bad sign. It has the logo of a company's catalog.

PS Lithium batteries should never be drained to zero like batteries from years back. That can shorten the life of lithium batteries. Today's batteries don't last as long as old model batteries. See more info- https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln128667/dell-laptop-battery-frequently-asked-questions?lang=en

2 Posts

May 14th, 2020 15:00

Hello,

I think the battery is original, here is the battery info:

Installed batteries

Information about each currently installed battery
  BATTERY 1
NAME DELL T453X
MANUFACTURER LGC-LGC3.67
SERIAL NUMBER 5385
CHEMISTRY LION
DESIGN CAPACITY 97,003 mWh