Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 20th, 2018 04:00

XPS 15 9560 running VERY slow

Hello everyone!

Yesterday, my XPS started running very slow. This day I was doing some work using remote server testing my web app. I had opened like 30 chrome tabs ( like everyday). I was using WiFi from my iPhone.( it probably doesn’t have anything to do with the problem but at this point I have no idea what is going on ). My laptop during work suddenly started running slow on everything, even opening a folder took some time.

what I did: 

- of course restarted multiple times and disconnected from everything 

- updated bios 

- updated graphics card driver

- run full dell support assist diagnostics( it didn’t detect anything)

- scanned with every malware apps( again didn’t detect a thing )

when I run benchmarks today, it showed out of 100 same laptops,96 performed better.

some months ago I started undervolting with throttle stop and changed my thermal paste, maybe that is the reason.

Please, let me know what you think the problem is. I would really appreciate any help!! 

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

October 20th, 2018 11:00

Next would be to check the task manager to see what's consuming the CPU and memory.  

start-run-taskman

5 Posts

Oh and my specs are: 4K 1050 4gb 500 gb ssd 16gb ram

5 Posts

I will check all those things and report to you. Thank you!

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

Does the system correctly recognize its AC adapter, or does it show "unknown"?

F2 at powerup to check.

Is the system running abnormally hot?

Have you run a full diagnostic (F12 at powerup) on the system?

5 Posts

October 20th, 2018 05:00

Okay, I have checked all the things you mentioned and :

-system detects AC with “excellent condition”

-laptop is not running hot

-f12 diagnostics didn’t detect any problems

5 Posts

October 20th, 2018 06:00

Yes, it identifies 130 adapter. It clearly detects it because when I disconnect the plug it disappears.

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

October 20th, 2018 06:00

Excellent condition refers to the battery health, not the AC power source. Does the AC adapter field specifically identify a 130W adapter?

1 Message

October 1st, 2019 03:00

My XPS 15 laptop just started doing this and with the symptoms you describe. Not recognising the AC adapter (it's a new one from Dell) and it is getting hot. Any advice?

2 Posts

October 19th, 2019 02:00

I too have the same problem, 

anytime i connect the AC adapter the machine is getting very heat.

I reset 2/3 times and contact dell for support SO they advised me to run the full diagnostics, and found nothing suspicious.

Now I'm suffering from it. Also, the performance is very poor than an i5 Intel processor.

(I have 16Gb Memory, 512 SSD, Touch 4K , Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-8950HK CPU @ 2.90GHz[Cores 6] [Logical/Core 2])

Very sorry to buy the flagship of dell now at a huge price.

No Events found!