Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

May 13th, 2020 18:00

XPS 15-9570 Can't connect to 5Ghz Wi-fi Network

I've tried installing a lot of different versions of the Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1535 Wireless Network Adapter drivers among other things. At most the 5Ghz network shows up and allows me to enter my password but fails to connect with the cannot connect error. And worst, the 5Ghz network disappears from the available Wi-fi networks list.

My wifi network itself is just fine. I'm able to use the 5Ghz connection with devices at the same distance as the laptop itself.

This issue is hurting my ability to work as I can only get the full download speed of my network over 5Ghz.

Any help would really be appreciated.

1 Message

December 19th, 2020 06:00

I followed the troubleshooting instructions at https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000124915/general-troubleshooting-for-the-killer-1535-wireless-card and that solved my problem.

August 19th, 2021 03:00

It does not work. I have Dell XPS with same hardware name. Thanks.

5 Practitioner

• 

2.4K Posts

August 19th, 2021 23:00

5Ghz works on Faster speed but has a LOWER range 

By looking at the symptoms I can assume you have a Bad Antenna. 

Can you try to move Closer to the router,  and try to connect. If connects fine, move away from router to the point it loses signal again, and if this RANGE is not acceptable Time to contact Tech support for Antenna and Card replacement, in this model's case Antenna means whole LCD assembly. 

If you can't connect even when you are next to the router and getting full signal bars. 

Time to Log in to the router and change Channel for 5Ghz network.  

No Events found!