Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 27th, 2019 20:00

XPS 15-9570, color banding issue

Recently got this xps 15, but am dissapointed by the ridiculous amount of color banding on the monitor. All the blacks are pixelated and crunchy. How do I fix this?

November 6th, 2019 00:00

I guess they finally understand their huge profanity and will try to solve it somehow as quiet as possible and then pretend that nothing serious actually happened. I think the word Dell can now be added in vocabulary as some sort of curse word discribing a piece of well-known material containing the same number of letters.

Twitter_Dell.JPG

10 Posts

November 6th, 2019 08:00

Nice try at trying to "bait" them into saying something. we should send message to youtuber like linus tech and  dave lee to talk about this. this should be something big to talk about. contact the media or something like that. even Samsung collect their product back when there's something wrong. i put this in other country forums and see if someone have the same case

1 Message

November 6th, 2019 12:00

Hello, i have similar issue with color banding, brand new xps 15 7590  (display ips 4k touch)
please, provide a fix asap

8 Posts

November 6th, 2019 14:00

Don't install the Dell Premiere Color. That broke my display output.

It's an easy fix. Download the latest Intel display driver, manually install the driver via device manager (even this method is not recommended by Intel, but their DCH driver cannot recognize the iGPU). 

And to disable the ridiculous "auto-brightness and gamma":

Go to regedit, search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000
Look for the following string:
"FeatureTestControl"=dword:00009240
Replace anything with 9250 and reboot.

The original article: https://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-surface-book/416121-auto-brightness-off-screen-still-dims.html

November 7th, 2019 01:00

Hi AltairFoo,

We all appreciate your best intentions here (didn't work for me however), but please read the last message from p_gain on page 7 - Dell should provide permanent working solution. For now these people were of no use and still keep quiet.

Thank you.

November 10th, 2019 23:00

Just look at these replies - they still don't confirm that they have this issue and working on it.

Dell_tw_1.JPGDell_tw_2.JPGDell_tw_3.JPG

6 Posts

November 13th, 2019 06:00

any solution? dell does not solve the problem, time passes and nothing

10 Posts

November 13th, 2019 15:00

this is a trash company, dell is rubbish

1 Message

November 14th, 2019 03:00

Still waiting for the update. Come on Dell fix the color banding issue!

November 17th, 2019 05:00

DELL, what is this? 

Where is any comment, any ETA, anything???

You keep quiet here for more than 2 weeks, your support team stopped replying in twitter, no replies on emails - what the hell is going on???

November 18th, 2019 02:00

I have the same issue i trying everything but it doesn't fix

2 Posts

November 19th, 2019 04:00

Hi,

I had the same issue. I uninstalled Intel graphic control panel and instead i installed intel graphic command center and deleted dell premier color. Now it is works for me even when i reboot the system. So Dell please check your software integrity with intel and offer us a solution. Thanks

8 Posts

November 19th, 2019 04:00

Yap, I can confirm this!

BTW, I already suggested this as a solution in this thread on 09-09-2019 04:47 AM

Deinstalling Premier Color and using Intel Graphics Command Center (from Windows Store) to adjust video color settings to "full" helped me and still works.

Best regards

mrgibson

November 19th, 2019 23:00

Dear Fenderer,

I have command center installed, graphics control panel&premier color deleted - and clearly there is no difference.
Maybe you see the picture your own way and this looks acceptable to you, but definitely the quality is not acceptable.
In any case, as said before, by providing this workarounds (which don't work or cure some sympthoms) you creating exuses for Dell, who already confirmed their BIOS issue and in very ignorant way just don't participate in this thread, don't respond to support request, provide no updates on the resolution.

So please, just let this weird Dell people finally do something and provide their detailed description of their profanity. Maybe it'll happen in a year or two.

26 Posts

November 20th, 2019 05:00

Let's send a message to some youtubers..

Like fstoppers, linus and other channel that you probably know...

Send them the link of the topic and i think that they understand!!

No Events found!