Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 14th, 2019 15:00

XPS 15 9570, Color Banding problems

Hi guys, 

There are some issues regarding this on the forums but never have been solved so I am writing this.

My XPS 15 9570 has extreme color banding issues. This problem mainly occurs when I have the Dell Premier Color app installed. This app is very important to me because of the ability to change the color-settings to sRGB.

When you do a colorbanding test (http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gradient.php) I am getting a lot of vertical stripes.

(The problem mainly occurs in the shadows and darker parts)

When I go to device manager and disable the UHD Graphics 630 the problem also resolves but then I have no controls over my color management or brightness options.

At the moment I am on all the latest updates and firmware and did all the hardware checks available by Dell, but the issue has not been resolved. I double checked all of this with my external monitor and the external monitor never gave any problems. The problems Only occur on the XPS monitor. 

This means taking a screenshot of the issue has no use. Because on other monitors this will seem like no problem. See a photo taken with my phone in the attachment to see the vertical stripes.

Color banding.JPG

Summary:

This is 100% a software issue. When Dell Premier Color is uninstalled or UHD Graphics 630 is disabled the problem is not there. But these are both needed for proper color management on the XPS 15. Hopefully there has finally been a fix for this. Here another example with color:

12.jpg

Thank you in advanced.

Best,

San

• 

25.7K Posts

November 18th, 2019 13:00

1. Uninstall Dell Premier color from the system.

2. Install the Intel Graphics Command Center from the Microsoft Store.

3. Within the Intel Graphics Command Center navigate to:
Display>Color>Restore to Original Colors

Do let us know if it worked.

Thanks

1 Message

January 20th, 2020 17:00

Date: 1/20/2020

I also was having this issue, but I think I may have found a solution (going a week without the problem returning).

1) I ended up uninstalling the Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 from Device Manager.

2) Restart.

3) Check for updates using Windows Update, there should be two available updates for Intel products.

4) Restart.

It should go back to normal now.

8 Posts

November 16th, 2019 03:00

Nobody has a solution?

• 

25.7K Posts

November 16th, 2019 04:00

I understand your situation. I would be upset too if my computer would do the same. 

Please downgrade the BIOS and check if the color banding continues or not. You can visit the link below to downgrade the BIOS :

https://dell.to/2r0Oyv2

8 Posts

November 21st, 2019 03:00

Hi, Sorry for the late reply. 

I downgraded the BIOS and still no results.

The color banding is extreme when using Dell Premier Color.

ffe6b371-3127-4b15-b9b8-c9017f90c3e4.jfif

8 Posts

November 21st, 2019 04:00

If I uninstall Dell Premier Color and install Graphics command center, the problem is solved.

But there are no options on the Intel Graphics Control Panel to shift the colors to sRGB like I was able In Dell Premiere Color.

Can someone please help me how to fix this with the Intel Graphics Control Panel. At the moment there are no options for sRGB colors.

And Dell please update your Premier Color so that it works with XPS 15 users.

1 Rookie

• 

490 Posts

November 21st, 2019 06:00

The best option is to look up and use color-managed programs for everything color-relevant. Preferably with custom color profiles - if you don't have a calibrator you can try finding a competent print shop that has one and can calibrate your display. If the DPC default sRGB emulation profile is okay for you, you can extract it from the DPC program folder. 

There used to be a Color gamut or accuracy (vivid/natural) slider or checkbox in the Intel Graphics control panel under Colors, is it still gone? 

Better forget DPC because it keeps going out of order each year, then takes half a year to get fixed... 

2 Posts

November 27th, 2019 10:00

Oh man!  I'm having the SAME ISSUE!  It makes watching any videos absolutely unbearable.  I'm about the least techie person there is so everyone talking about "unstall this...reinstall that...disable this...disable that" might as well be talking in Greek to me.  Why can't this expensive @$$ computer just work the way it's supposed to?

2 Posts

January 19th, 2020 08:00

Hi, I have the same problem.
I found, by chance, that if you do a color reset in the Intel graphics program the color range returns to normal. Unfortunately it must be done every time the computer is turned on.
A computer that costs a lot of money like this you should not have such kind of problems.
I am still waiting to resolve it.

No Events found!