Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 27th, 2018 14:00

XPS 15 9570, intermittent static/crackling solution

Using Bose headphones with new XPS 15 9570. I was experiencing intermittent static and crackling. I tried to follow some solutions for previous models with no success. I then tried clicking the Spatial sound on Speakers/Headphones Properties and selected 'Windows Sonic for Headphones' with 'Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound' box checked. Clicked Apply. No more intermittent static since I did this. It's only been 10-15 minutes, but this seems to be a successful workaround. Dell should probably look into the reason for this intermittent static and crackling, but this may be one solution.

1 Message

May 31st, 2018 18:00

Greatly appreciate your help in getting this resolved. I was a little frustrated at first because of the static and crackling.

kudos Death Fish

1 Message

June 7th, 2018 21:00

Thanks!!

Mine has the same problem, you solution seems to fix the issue. 

Edit: Unfortunately this issue is back again after restart. Please fix this, Dell.

June 16th, 2018 23:00

I am also having same issue.

6 Posts

June 20th, 2018 04:00

Awesome, thx!

12 Posts

July 16th, 2018 07:00

thought was only me... i only got this issue like a few days ago after an update... have to use this method to temp fix it but comes back later... was fine before... even tried uninstalling the audio driver and still this issue persists... first my keyboard now this... DELL **bleep** is going on

1 Message

September 25th, 2018 08:00

I'm using Bose headphones on my XPS 15 9570 too, though i'm not sure if we have the exact same problem. Static can be heard from the headphones only when audio is not playing. If i have music or any sound coming out then i have no problem with static. I was however able to remove the static by unchecking the "Allow hardware acceleration of audio with this device" box in the Advanced tab of the headphones properties. I do not have Spatial sound turned on. Not sure if this will help but i figured i would throw it out there.

1 Message

January 17th, 2019 16:00

god bless your soul.

No Events found!