Start a Conversation

Unsolved

X

2 Posts

March 4th, 2019 22:00

XPS 15 9570 - Issue with bottom third of the screen

One day the bottom third of my screen started producing these vertical colored lines that flicker and strain the eyes. I've had this laptop since September and this is the first time i'm having issues with the display. When I enter the bios or restart my computer it still displays these lines. On startup when I press "d" for the color test, my laptop is capable of reproducing the colors however, the lines still remain at the bottom third of the screen. I have tried disabling my graphics drives, resetting my bios settings, unplugging my charger and the problem has still remained for the past week. When I ran the diagnostics my laptop passed all tests what is causing these issues, I am still under basic warranty.IMG_0203-min.jpgIMG_0217-min.jpgIMG_0207.jpgIMG_0208-min.jpg

• 

17K Posts

March 5th, 2019 05:00

xps_user1,

Does the issue appear connected to an external monitor? Uninstall the video card drivers, reboot the computer and reinstall them. Also, update the bios to the latest version.

Dell xps Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

2 Posts

March 5th, 2019 14:00

I have just updated to 1.8.1 BIOS, and tried disabling both the integrated graphics and nvidia graphics in my device manager as well as rolling back updates and reinstalling the latest drivers. The problem with my screen is still there. I don't currently have an external monitor to test my laptop on.

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

March 5th, 2019 16:00

@xps_user1,

Since the issue is happening inside diagnostics, there's no troubleshooting inside Windows will help us. Please send me a PM with your service tag and we'll check warranty options. 

1 Message

July 30th, 2020 14:00

I have the same issue., when i connect to an external monitor it is fine. What did you do to sort this issue? Thank you

December 20th, 2021 18:00

I have similar problem with an xps 15in 2019. I have the lines and the flicker. It happens in windows 10 and ubuntu linux, whether I'm using the intel or nvidia adapter. external monitors are fine. Fwiw my xps has the 4k touch screen.

It would be nice to get some kind of guidance from dell even if some of the machines are out of warranty.

1 Message

January 31st, 2022 02:00

Similar issue here. XPS 9570 bought late 2018. Running Ubuntu since, mostly via onboard intel video card, no problems (except lack of drivers for finger print reader, but one often has to sacrifice functionality for principles ;-). Last night suddenly while running vlc, a band appeared about 2/3 of the way up the screen. Then bottom 2/3 experiencing a weird interlacing problem. Rebooting I see artifacts from the previous screens before powering down. Entering BIOS and BIST I see a similar effect. Attached monitors via hdmi seem to function correctly. Attached image is after reboot into Ubuntu after separate but into BIST diagnostics.

IMG_20220130_182611.jpg

No Events found!