Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Message

December 16th, 2018 12:00

XPS 15 9570 Lightroom PS and Capture one un-usable

Hello fellow dell'ers. I'm really getting frustrated with this problem. As most of you already know, there's some kind of conflicting problem with the Intel UHD 630 and Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti (I.e. Lightroom, PS and Capture One Pro crashes after a few seconds) If i disable the Intel UHD 630, the programs work, but it leaves the notebook in a crumbled state and the colors are off too. In the past I was able to upgrade the driver for Intel UHD 630 to the newest and it all worked again. However this time I can't upgrade to the newest driver (XXX.6444 or XXX.6448) because it apparently isn't validated for the XPS 15 9570 yet. Also the Bios 1.6.0 update turns the saturation unbearable high and the control panel for Intel UHD 630 disappears. Well, so the questions: Has anyone found a workaround for this, or know what to do? I can't do my work in these programs anymore, and , that's why I bought the notebook in the first place... Or am I the only one with this problem? Thanks in advance!

35 Posts

December 17th, 2018 02:00

Hello

I had exact the same problems like you. It's something in combination with intel- and nvidia-drivers and Windows 1809. I did a complete factory reset some weeks ago and only used the drivers Dell delivers and did the 1809 update. No manufacturer drivers!. Everything was fine again.

Now i gave it a try and installed the latest drivers from nVidia and it is still working fine.

But i found no solution without this total reset. It didn't matter which drivers i installed. The problem persists and the control panels of the gfx-frivers disappeared.

The colours with bios 1.6 are not over saturated. You see the full AdobeRGB Colors (maybe more). With older bios versions the Intel driver had a switch called like "Colour exactness" (I don't know the correct labelling in English versions). This switch was activated by default. The function of this switch was to downgrade the colours to sRGB. This switch has gone with bios 1.6. You have to tell Windows in the colour-management that you have a AdobeRGB Display to get correct colours. The best thing is to calibrate the display.

Bye
Marcus

No Events found!