Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

22 Posts

July 1st, 2019 03:00

XPS 15-9570, Premier Color, issues with banding

Hello,

I own a XPS 15 9570 with the 4k display option.

I am experiencing some really annoying color gradient issues for a while now.

For the first time, about half a Year ago all out of the sudden my Laptop started do have a really bad color representation, unsaturated blacks and color banding. After searching for a solution for a while I decided to reset my windows 10 Pro.

After that the Issues were gone, up until yesterday it suddenly reappeared. not knowing it better I tried to reinstall all kind of graphics drivers, but It didn't helped either. So i decided to reset the Windows again.

After having done that the Issue was gone again.

But today, it reappeared. I was opening the Dell premier color application (preinstalled) and the banding and discoloring reappeared. Although the app settings were set to default (brilliant). Though I don't know if it is connected.

I assume it is some mess with the Color Profiles settings however I am tired of reinstalling windows every time! And now really looking for a real solution.

It clearly appears to be an software related Issue, at least from my understanding. 

Is there Somebody who can help me out with this?

Thanks in advance

11 Posts

September 30th, 2019 12:00

Sent the service tag in a private message.

1 Message

October 2nd, 2019 01:00

Same issue here. Terrible banding in the dark areas in nearly all applications.

I strongly believe i got the problem with some windows update and it's most likely a software issue as a hardware exchange didn't solve the problem!

Anyway: Contacted Dell support. Support says, it's not a common issue. This already makes me angry, because a single google search proves this wrong.

Tried solutions: Countless driver updates, un- and re-installations; uninstalled premiere color, tried countless settings for premiere color and intel display management and nvidia settings. Finally I got visited by a dell supporter who installed a new mainboard. Still the same issue.

What helps so far: Deactivating the Intel graphics 630 in the devices manager while working in Lightroom etc, but it makes every process painfully slow, so it's far from a real solution.

If this problem won't be solved in some weeks, I will have no choice then to make a complaint and swith to a different manufacturer. I would be very sad to do so, because I'm very satisfied with my laptop so far - except this BIG ISSUE.

Dell is heavily promoting this laptop - and especially the graphics and the 4k monitor - as state of the art tech for people working with graphics and videos AND IT'S UNSUSABLE because if this problem for months and weeks now! this is unbelievable!

October 11th, 2019 01:00

(answering myself now, as i forgot my login credentials )

I had three calls and one visit from Dell Support and guess what: THE PROBLEM IS FINALLY SOLVED!

The problem is, that windows or other apps fail to switch between intel gpu and the graphic card. I tried everything and noticed, that the banding wasn't noticeable, when you deactivate the intel gpu in the device manager. Dell replaced my mainboard, but the problem was still there.

Here's the summary from Dell support:

Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver with the Device Manager Method

Open the Device Manager by following the steps specific to your operating system:

Search for the Intel graphics driver.

Right-click the Intel video driver and select Uninstall.

Select the Delete the driver software for this device check box.

The system must reboot to complete the uninstallation process.

Install the Intel Graphics Driver

The best way is to search for the driver on the Intel homepage or on the Dell page.

After the manual driver installation, the problem should be solved.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/de/download/27803/Graphics-Intel-Grafiktreiberf-r-Windows-10?_ga=2.8661493.1323158574.1527882374-252919103.1527882374

The cause ; a driver problem

Problems with the graphics card driver can result in image errors or poor graphics performance. With other drivers, there is a risk that the device will not function correctly or at all. In addition there are error messages of the operating system, crashes, or unstable applications. The performance of the operating system and its stability suffer most from outdated or faulty drivers.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Hope this helps! Feel free to write me a pm, if you have questions!

My device: XPS 15 9570 with 4k Display

10 Posts

October 14th, 2019 15:00

I also have this problem ,it's no way to fix it. the support help me replace the monitor and motherboard today. And it is useless also just found out the monitor they help me replace today actually damaged at the edge. This problem really disturbs me  .  when i watch a movie ,it's terrible. I paid this much money not to found out what caused it. And the support don't have enough knowledge to solve the problem. I told the support team a lot of people having the same problem with me. They just ignore me. Never use dell again. i just wish i can just have my money back,or get replaced with other dell laptop. it almost a month. i don't even bother now. 

10 Posts

October 14th, 2019 15:00

12.jpgjust one picture to show how terrible it is

• 

25.1K Posts

October 14th, 2019 20:00

Hi,
I’m Gopal, your dedicated support representative and I'll be glad to assist you. I see that you have created another topic under the case #3453280. All our futher communication will be under that case.

• 

16.7K Posts

October 18th, 2019 06:00

Daniel X.,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number.

Dell-Jesse L

Try this, uninstall D P C. Then search in task bar, type color management then in the devices tab, find profiles and reset my settings to system defaults. And then in the end update Intel graphic card and reboot the system.

BTW if you install the latest driver it will be a D C H driver so you will have to install Intel graphic controller in Microsoft store. once installed go to the display tab, color settings and under color settings disable color accuracy.

I'm on Dell X P S 15 9560 that once had severe banding issues but now it seems like it has fixed it. The gradation is smooth.

*Optional* Ah yes don't forget to calibrate your display using external color calibration like X-Rite color calibrator

s p y d e r data color to get the best out of this system

Try this, uninstall DPC. Then search in task bar, type color management then in the devices tab, find profiles and reset my settings to system defaults. And then in the end update intel graphic card and reboot the system.

Btw if you instal the latest driver it will be a DCH driver so you will ahve to install intel graphic controller in microosft store. once installed go to the display tab, color settings and under color settings disable color accuracy.

I'm on Dell XPS 15 9560 that once had severe banding issues but now it seems like it has fixed it. The gradation is smooth af.

*Optional* Ah yes don't forget to calibrate your display using external color calibration like X-Rite color calibrator spyder data color to get the best out of this system

October 19th, 2019 13:00

I found a solution, first set you color profile as you lik it (adobe rgb for example)

then go to intel graphics control centre then go to display -> color settings ->  color gamma

move the switch several times to left en right  and the banding is gone if u use the settings living colors (to the right) 

mathijs jansen from the netherlands

22 Posts

October 21st, 2019 08:00

This clearly did not Work for me!

I still get Banding, thou less, and I have a bad green tint.

Please uncheck this as a Solution!

4 Posts

November 5th, 2019 01:00

this solution also didn't work for me

22 Posts

November 5th, 2019 04:00

To the administrators or Mr. Jansen himself.

Please uncheck your Reply as a Solution. This clearly does not work for everybody and just holds back any more attention about this Case and Issue.

Thanks a lot

22 Posts

November 12th, 2019 06:00

Has anybody found something new out?

No Events found!