Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 3rd, 2019 12:00

XPS 15 9570, Windows 1903, BSOD

Hi,

after updating to Windows 1903 I´m getting a BSOD when booting the laptop.

Then it reboots automatically and again BSOD.

I can only boot to windows when enabling "Debugging" within the Startup Settings.

BSOD 1: System Service Exception

BSOD 2: Page Fault in nonpaged area

Any ideas how to solve this?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 9th, 2019 05:00

Although your dump files do not directly name any specific problem, I do see a couple of things.  If someone from Dell checks the files, they would have a better idea of what was happening.

First, the problems seem to be related to CaptureLibService.exe which you can look up but seems to be related to capturing video. It doesn't mean this utility is directly causing the problem but may be related in some manner.

Secondly, I see a Plug n Play device which appears to be a power button and shows a problem code 24.  You can check your Device Manger and see if you can find the exact instance of the HardwareID or description, probably in your system devices section. 

ACPI\PNP0C0C\2&daba3ff&0

This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)

Cause

The device is installed incorrectly. The problem could be a hardware failure, or a new driver might be needed. Devices stay in this state if they have been prepared for removal. After you remove the device, this error disappears.

Recommended Resolution

Remove the device, and this error should be resolved.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/310123/error-codes-in-device-manager-in-windows

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 8th, 2019 07:00

You need to make the Dump file/s available on your OneDrive or another host site.

If you don't know how to get those, let us know.

14 Posts

July 8th, 2019 14:00

14 Posts

July 15th, 2019 11:00

Thank you Saltgrass!

I found an inactive device (sorry, the screen capture is in german) that matches your description "ACPI\PNP0C0C\2&daba3ff&0"
The device status says (translated): this device is currently not connected to the computer. Connect the device to the computer to solve the issue. 

I don't know what device this is so I just uninstalled it. After restarting -> BSOD...

1.png

I will now try to prevent the "CaptureLibService.exe" from starting when booting the computer. I found out that this service is related to the "Freemake" software. Strange thing is, that Freemake was already installed before I did the Windows 1903 update and I never had BSODs.

14 Posts

July 18th, 2019 11:00

@Saltgrass  Thank you!

Preventing the "CaptureLibService.exe"  from starting when booting the computer did it. I didn´t have any BSODs since then.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 19th, 2019 18:00

Good to know you have an idea where the problem originates.  Hopefully, if you want to keep that software, you can find an update or possibly reinstall it.

14 Posts

October 13th, 2019 14:00

@Saltgrass 

I am getting BSODs again... very frustrating again.

Is it possible that you take a look at my lastest dump file again?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aikykw2tGHHMjggZHjo-ePdnG03n

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 13th, 2019 16:00

@MidyatWhat is being mentioned is devolonetsvc.exe and the warning below.  Maybe update that driver, if possible?  The results do say they cannot read the faulting driver name but the npf_devolo.sys one is a good bet.

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for npf_devolo.sys

14 Posts

October 14th, 2019 14:00

Thanks! I will try that

How do you read the dump files?

No Events found!