Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

1 Message

September 3rd, 2019 12:00

XPS 15-9570, completely freezes randomly

My Dell XPS 15 9570 just completely freezes randomly multiple times a day (usually when I leave it IDLE) to the point that I have to force shutdown. I thought the problem would eventually go away after a few days, but it happens more and more often as time passes. It's extremely annoying, as I use my laptop mainly for school and I often have unsaved work because of this issue. It freezes more than 6 times a day and it makes the laptop unusable. I've tried contacting support and they have not been helpful at all: they only asked me to run hardware tests, which showed no issues and ask me to update all my drivers that were already up to date. They then told me that the warranty only covers hardware issues and that I would need to pay to get assistance with the software? What am I supposed to do now?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 5th, 2019 11:00

Since all of the previous Dell diagnostics pass, you do not have a hardware issue. You have an operating system or software issue. Which is why they sent you to the advanced software support team (1-877-409-3272). All unsaved documents (Excel, Word, etc.) should be saved prior to you letting the operating system go to idle. If the battery level percentage is below 40, plug the AC power adapter in before allowing the operating system to idle. You should consider reading these Windows 10 optimization articles.
Link 1
Link 2

No Events found!