Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

1 Message

March 6th, 2019 06:00

XPS 15-9570, plugged in, not turning on

I bought the Dell XPS brand new 2 week ago. Now it won’t boot, no lights no screen no beeps. The only thing is the keyboard lights for a few seconds. I bought the Dell XPS brand new 2 week ago. Now it won’t boot, no lights no screen no beeps. The only thing is the keyboard lights for a few seconds. I just searched and added a reply to associated issue. My brand new (1 week old) won’t boot/turn on. I used it this morning put it to sleep mode for lunch and now won’t turn on. The KB lights for a few seconds and nothing else, no beeps no lights and blank screen. Can you advise please?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 6th, 2019 07:00

* Disconnect the AC adapter from both the XPS 15-9570 and the wall power jack
* Disconnect all USB and other peripherals from the XPS 15-9570
* Wait one minute
* Reconnect the AC adapter to both
* Press and hold the power button for 8 seconds, then release it
* Press and release the power button. What happens?

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

November 20th, 2019 18:00

I've experienced the same issues.

The workaround for me has been to disable the sleep entirely.  I only let it go to hibernate.

1 Message

February 18th, 2020 00:00

Hi @DELL-Chris M ,

your procedure worked for me. Thanks!

9.4K Posts

March 6th, 2019 07:00

Hi Annoyed-Nottingham,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Unfortunately, from your description, it sounds like the motherboard may have failed.  Are you able to get it to do anything at all other than the keyboard lighting up for a few seconds?  If so, please run system diagnostics by pressing F12 at startup.  

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

March 6th, 2019 11:00

Hello,

I experienced this with my Dell XPS 15 9570 as well. It only happens when I put it into sleep mode (which is this new modern standby thing by Microsoft and the unsupported S3 mode done by Dell).

So I put the laptop into sleep mode and if I return and try to put it on nothing happens but only the keyboard light are turning on for half a second - thats it.

I then press the power butten for 10sec to reset the device (which is unhealthy for all programs in standby).

So you are another one with the S3 sleeping problem - welcome on board.

1 Message

March 13th, 2019 18:00

Hello Mr. simonski,

I am having that exact issue among many others with my 9570. 

I am truly disappointed and frustrated with the performance of this product. 

After another recent reinstall the system stability has improved somewhat, with less BSOD and just plain old freezing up.

Now i am having issues mainly with resuming from standby and hibernation. After a few days the system will refuse to wake from sleep/stand by. The keyboard lights up when touched but the system is otherwise unresponsive .

The only thing that works is to hold the power button for about 10 seconds and then it turns off and then boots but with all work lost from the standby.

Why does a premium product has so many issues??? i bought this laptop for my dissertation and it has been nothing but a source of added frustration.

1 Message

March 17th, 2019 16:00

I have the same problems.  Brand new 1 week old XPS 15 Touch 4K Dell (fully loaded) and it didn't want to turn on.  On the phone with Dell Tech Support for an hour and tried all kind of steps and no luck at all.  Return to Dell for full refund.  Really disappointed with Dell.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

March 18th, 2019 08:00

@Texan-man

I apologize for the inconvenience surrounding your order. Sad to know that you have opted for a refund. Let me know if you need any assistance with the refund or tracking. I will be glad to assist you.

April 18th, 2019 03:00

Same thing here, Dell XPS 15 9570 4k fully loaded, worth more than 3k euros, it happens randomly, the machine has about 2 weeks since bought. It starts if you make multiple attempts to start it by long press and disconnecting things. It seems to be related to the linked 2 monitors or sleep mode going wrong. I had a top Asus for 5 years, never having an issue. This is a shame on Dell at this high price. I pm-ed SreejithR as he offered to help on a closed topic.

1 Message

May 4th, 2019 11:00

I am having the same issue. I purchased a Dell XPS 9570 on Dec-15-2018 and it turned off in the middle of a presentation. Now it won't turn on. With a bare laptop, plugged into the charger the keyboard lights up for a few seconds and turns off. The screen lights up and turns off. I have charged it for 2 hours and it still is doing the same thing. 

Please advise.l 

4 Posts

May 5th, 2019 21:00

I had the same problem.  Had to remove the bottom cover and disconnect the battery,  Booted ok after the battery was reconnected.

May 6th, 2019 00:00

Long press on the power button several times often helps (stops the power), I disabled the hibernate, letting just the sleep mode on. It seems to work, but now I had some BIOS updates and it seems to work fine with the hibernate too.

October 8th, 2019 11:00

If you are facing this issue and you are seeing white LED’s only, you can try the following on your own risk 1. Remove the power cable, the back cover and unplugged the battery (by opening screws on the backside. See it here e.g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RdwYFh4PgU) 2. Now that power cable and battery is NOT connected to the laptop, long press power button multiple times (4-5 times for 10 secs) 3. Now plug-in power cable and press power button, see if it turns on 4. If not, unplug the power cable and retry from 2 to 3. 5. If yes, let it boot completely and once you’ve logged in, restart the machine and press F12 on boot. It will take you to the BIOS menu. Go to POST behavior and under the fast boot, select “Through”. Save settings and exit. It will restart the system. Let it boot completely and once you are logged in, shut down the system. 6. Now, plug in the battery and close the back cover. Again see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RdwYFh4PgU. 7. Now try powering on the system. It should boot and you can verify if it is starting after the shutdown.
 For me, the fast boot was enabled by the 2019 July or August BIOS update.

October 20th, 2019 14:00

Goodness, i'm have the same issue with mine which is still under warranty.  I discovered the culprit (charger plugged in) by accident/chance.  Along with the not coming out of sleep , I'm also getting won't power on from fresh if the charger is plugged in.  I'd really like to do the same thing - turn mine back in and I'd be happy to give the 9580 (?) a try?  I like the computer when its running right, I've been really impressed with the performance, I use it for photo/video/audio editing.    

What will you purchase now?

3 Posts

October 24th, 2019 21:00

Re: Dell Community Team

I received your response by email, but I didn't find out how to reply to you.

As  a matter of  fact, I contacted customer service early this week, and they did not help much and asked me to change motherboard. Then my computer could restarted, I tried many ways, so I have no idea how it worked. Then today it happened again. I feel so frustrated. Although my old computer is 7 years old (not Dell), it had never been a problem.

The tag# is . Your colleague told me the warranty expired last month. It is just one year.I think Dell should do something, anyway there is product defect at least for this specific type XPS15. So much cost, but just frustration.

Please let me know if you have any further solution.

Thanks.

No Events found!