Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 26th, 2019 11:00

XPS 15 -9570, use touchpad while typing in game

When gaming, there is a 1 second delay for the touchpad after pressing a key. I've checked related posts but none of the registry paths or settings seem to apply for my XPS. Is there a way to remove the delay for seamless and separated keyboard and touchpad?

2 Posts

September 13th, 2019 08:00

Found a solution on my system for this exact problem.  Go to control panel -> touchpad settings, and set "Touchpad Sensitivity" to "Most sensitive".  Hope this helps you out.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 28th, 2019 08:00

Your post is somewhat confusing. After pressing "what" key? Any key? Do you see this issue when just on the Windows Desktop, NOT in a game? I do not get your gaming usage model. Show us via a video of your specific usage of the game, laptop keyboard and touchpad.

2 Posts

June 7th, 2019 12:00

I apologize for the vagueness, the issue occurs when any key on the keyboard is being pressed. It happens no matter whether I am in game or on the desktop. If a key is pressed and the touchpad is swiped continuously at the same time, the swipes will not register until after half a second. I saw this issue in a related post here: https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General-Read-Only/I-can-t-use-my-Touchpad-while-typing/td-p/3881097 but none of the solutions applied to my xps 15.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

June 10th, 2019 04:00

Hi UdayXPS,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.  

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:  Disabling or Enabling the Touchpad on a Dell Notebook

Touchpad Usage and Troubleshooting Guide

No Events found!