XPS

Last reply by 09-13-2019 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

XPS 15 -9570, use touchpad while typing in game

When gaming, there is a 1 second delay for the touchpad after pressing a key. I've checked related posts but none of the registry paths or settings seem to apply for my XPS. Is there a way to remove the delay for seamless and separated keyboard and touchpad?

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Found a solution on my system for this exact problem.  Go to control panel -> touchpad settings, and set "Touchpad Sensitivity" to "Most sensitive".  Hope this helps you out.

View solution in original post

Community Accepted Solution
Replies (4)
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your post is somewhat confusing. After pressing "what" key? Any key? Do you see this issue when just on the Windows Desktop, NOT in a game? I do not get your gaming usage model. Show us via a video of your specific usage of the game, laptop keyboard and touchpad.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

I apologize for the vagueness, the issue occurs when any key on the keyboard is being pressed. It happens no matter whether I am in game or on the desktop. If a key is pressed and the touchpad is swiped continuously at the same time, the swipes will not register until after half a second. I saw this issue in a related post here: https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General-Read-Only/I-can-t-use-my-Touchpad-while-typing/td-p/3... but none of the solutions applied to my xps 15.

Dell Technologies

Hi UdayXPS,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.  

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:  Disabling or Enabling the Touchpad on a Dell Notebook

Touchpad Usage and Troubleshooting Guide

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Found a solution on my system for this exact problem.  Go to control panel -> touchpad settings, and set "Touchpad Sensitivity" to "Most sensitive".  Hope this helps you out.

Community Accepted Solution
Top Contributor
Latest Solutions