Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

5 Posts

September 10th, 2019 10:00

XPS 15-9575 2-in-1, charging error on boot

I upgraded to BIOS 1.7.1 and I still gets the slow charging error when booting up Windows. I am using the original XPS 15-9575 2-in-1 laptop charger. I ran the Dell diagnostics and it founds nothing wrong with my laptop. This has been happening occasionally ever since a week after I purchased this laptop. Is there anyway to fix this?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

September 12th, 2019 06:00

* Download and install the latest Dell Power Manager Service. When done, restart
* Once back into Windows, click Start- Power icon- Shutdown- OK
* Turn the laptop on. Is this a pre-Windows error or error that appears in Windows?
* If a a pre-Windows error, does it then proceed to boot all the way into Windows?
* Once into Windows, click Start- Power icon- Restart- OK
* Does the error appear?

5 Posts

September 12th, 2019 10:00

Chris,

Thank you for reply on my post. Followings after >> are my situation.

Download and install the latest Dell Power Manager Service. When done, restart  >> It was already running on the newest version.
* Once back into Windows, click Start- Power icon- Shutdown- OK
* Turn the laptop on. Is this a pre-Windows error or error that appears in Windows? >> It was actually a SupportAssist Alert before windows's bootup, it says i have attached an undersized 90w power adapter to my system, which it is NOT correct, I am using the Dell 130w power adapter that came with my laptop.
* If a a pre-Windows error, does it then proceed to boot all the way into Windows? >> It only will boot into windows when i click the "continue".
* Once into Windows, click Start- Power icon- Restart- OK
* Does the error appear? >> It comes out once a while, not every time.

5 Posts

September 12th, 2019 10:00

Same Screenshot took from the internetSame Screenshot took from the internet

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

September 12th, 2019 12:00

* What is the Dell 5 digit part number on the AC power adapter? We shipped M0H25 with your XPS 15-9575
* This sounds like a mis-reporting of the SA (SupportAssist) software and not a hardware fault. I would uninstall both Dell SupportAssist and if found, Dell SupportAssist Agent
* When done, restart the XPS 15-9575
* Then, go here and install the latest version of SA
* Restart the XPS 15-9575 when done
* Then power the XPS 15-9575 off
* Power it on and retest

Note, you can also go into the BIOS- POST Behavior and remove the check from, "Enable Adapter Warnings".

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

September 13th, 2019 06:00

Awaiting a response to my previous reply.

5 Posts

September 13th, 2019 10:00

* What is the Dell 5 digit part number on the AC power adapter? We shipped M0H25 with your XPS 15-9575 >> Does this mean Dell tuned their AC power adapter to each individual laptops?  
* This sounds like a mis-reporting of the SA (SupportAssist) software and not a hardware fault. I would uninstall both Dell SupportAssist and if found, Dell SupportAssist Agent >> ok, I uninstalled the SA as instructed (I already have the newest SA), no found SAA (so no action to it)
* When done, restart the XPS 15-9575 >> ok, Restarted.
* Then, go here and install the latest version of SA >> ok, downloaded and Installed again. 
* Restart the XPS 15-9575 when done >> Ok, Restarted.
* Then power the XPS 15-9575 off >> Ok, Power on.
* Power it on and retest >> The alert only comes up once a while before, so i will report back once if it comes up again. Hope this time it wouldn't show up again.

Note, you can also go into the BIOS- POST Behavior and remove the check from, "Enable Adapter Warnings". >> I believe Dell designed warning alert for reason, I wish not have to manually bypass the function.

**If you don't hear me again on this post it means the no problem "

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 13th, 2019 14:00

Yes, the adapter capacity may be different for individual systems. Do drop us a note if you come across the error again. 

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

September 14th, 2019 05:00

Does this mean Dell tuned their AC power adapter to each individual laptops?
* Yes. Every PC model has a validated/tested AC power adapter list.

105 Posts

September 15th, 2019 00:00

1. The battery is dead, and there is a problem with the power supply of the power adapter. 2. The power control module of the motherboard is broken. There may be other reasons.

5 Posts

September 18th, 2019 01:00

Thanks for the note. Okay, I will reply when I see the error again.
No Events found!