Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

January 20th, 2019 18:00

XPS 15 9575 2-in-1, keyboard skipping keystrokes

Apparently, I'm a really fast typer.

I type at around 100 words per minute, and I need to so do to get stuff written down quickly. However, I don't fancy having to stop every few words to fix a skipped key.

The problem was around as soon as I took this laptop out of the box. There's only one key that's unresponsive, the A key. I'll be typing, and it'll skip inadvertently. 

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

January 21st, 2019 09:00

Hi Swifto,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

I too type fast and at times notice a keyboard lag, however if I use an external keyboard, it doesn't seem to have the same problem.

Have you run a systems diagnostics yet to confirm if it is a hardware or software issue?  Please run Dell SupportAssist, make a note of any error messages and post back.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful.

If the system is under warranty, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service call -http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

8 Posts

January 21st, 2019 16:00

I usually type around 60wpm and have noticed the same issue but it does seem to occur more frequently at faster typing speeds (I can type up to 100wpm).  In my case it is not limited to a single key.  I don't believe it is a lag as such as it only skips one perhaps two characters and doesn't need to catch up. I am certain the skipped keys were pressed fully.

No Events found!