Highlighted
hummusw
1 Nickel

XPS 15-9575 2-in-1, touchpad freezing

Jump to solution

I got my new laptop less than a month ago and have been very happy with it. However, I have noticed that there is sometimes a problem with the touchpad.

Occasionally, the touchpad will freeze and the cursor will stop moving. These freezes last from about half a second to many seconds. Now, this isn't a huge problem, but it is pretty annoying when it happens.

Anyone with the same problem or ideas on how to fix this problem?

Labels (3)
146 Replies
Suman-7
1 Copper

Re: XPS 15 2-in-1 9575 touchpad freezing

Jump to solution

I have been getting this problem lately as well. 

dadach
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

my problems are a bit more serious, but can you try to disable panel self-refresh in intel app power settings?

thanks!

0 Kudos
hummusw
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Sure, I'll try it out and report my experience soon.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi, I have the same problem with my XPS 15 2-in-1 9575
The touchpad and some keys are freezing  after an  updating (I Think) Smiley Sad
Somebody have found a solution?

rjme224
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Looks like a problem with the last bios update. No solution yet. 

rjme224
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Try going to device manager-> display adapters. I have a Radeon RX Vega graphics card. Right click and hit “update driver”. I updated the driver and haven’t noticed the trackpad issue since. Not to say that it won’t show up again, but so far so good. 

dementia79
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I tried to update the graphics card (searching automatically) but I have the latest driver. Have the same trackpad freezing as well.

I also remote desktop to work from this PC, and the trackpad freezing is even worse when I am working on my remote computer (it freezes up on the remote, and it freezes up on my Dell too).

Very frustrating, especially since this is a new laptop I have only had for about a month.

caspar347
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I've been having this problem for weeks and it is infuriating. This thread is the first indication I have seen of others having this problem. So glad to finally learn it's not just me. Dell support wants me to send it in for a new touchpad, but I'm in college right now and I can't go without this thing for the couple of weeks that it would take for a new pad. Plus, it is probably a software (bios) issue anyway. I am also inclined to believe this happened because of an update, as I've had this computer since launch and it only started happening a few weeks ago.

gavkai
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have the same issue today.  Purchased the computer Friday, ran all updates, and this evening the touchpad stopped working.  At first it was just intermittent but then it went out completely and starting bringing up cortana(possibly registering touch & go gestures?)  Restart got it moving again, but it's still glitchy.