YDornbierer
1 Nickel

Re: XPS 15 2-in-1 9575 touchpad freezing

Jump to solution

Yea, I have exactly the same problem than razvi... and still no solution for more than one month. That's crazy.

Dunxx
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I am also having the same problem. Intermittent track pad freezing, along with a faulty microphone that works with Cortana but not Skype, Discord, WeChat etc. 
Connected? 

Dell has asked for the computer to be shipped back to have the microphone replaced but I need it for work at the moment.

This is my first time purchasing a Dell and I really thought with the price tag of the 9575 I would receive a working reliable machine. 

Highlighted
Wintersong
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Just reverted to BIOS 1.1.7 and seems to have improved the situation for now.

journalyoung
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

bump.

Same issue here as well... all updates applied and only resolve seems to be disabling "Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics" driver in the Device Manager under "Display adapters". In my mind, this does NOT resolve the issue as this is a much needed driver. 

Dell support? Please acknowledge.

Dell branding w/product support made me think Dell XPS 15 9575 w/4k display, i7, 16GB RAM, Radeon discreet graphics was better choice than competing products from ASUS and HP... starting to rethink this!

journalyoung
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Update: issue seems to include battery life... I'm running move mouse (https://github.com/sw3103/movemouse) to keep system from going asleep and otherwise have little running save only a chrome browser, outlook, skype and my battery dies at 3 to 3.5 hours (in "battery saver" mode even).

1. So now I have trackpad issues;
  2. Above requires me to kill driver for Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics, so I can use trackpad, but means I lose driver features;
  3. Battery life @ 3.5 hrs max.

System is 1 week and 3 days from delivery. Hate to go thru return process, but looks like it is a must. Will forgo the 2 in 1 and try the 9570 model on account of bigger battery and different video card. Really wanted this one to work as I thought I might enjoy 2 in 1 feature and preferred the usb-c ports. 

Oh well.

sborges
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Just an update. I have tried previous BIOS versions (1.1.1, 1.1.5, 1.1.7) and also disabling the Radeon Vega driver. Still the problem persists. My touchpad stutters, clicks randomly (both left and right click), stops mid scroll (two finger scroll), stops when I click and drag... I would really love to hear from a Dell Agent or Moderator on this issue. The Dell warranty third party company are pressuring me to swap out hardware which involves removing all the inner components of my laptop (per the technician). I really don't want to open my laptop and remove the motherboard, drives, or anything else if this is a software bug that Dell is working on. This is pretty frustrating for a $2,000 laptop. I'm really hoping Dell or their customer service shows up with and announcement or something.

journalyoung
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Update 2: I was able to update to System BIOS version 1.1.9 (was not available as option until I was just about ready to make the phone call to return - seeing it, thought I'd give it a try). I re-enabled the graphics device driver before upgrading the BIOS.

• Good news: Battery issues seem to be resolved for now;
  • Bad news: Trackpad issues persist.

Will try to disable the graphics driver in device manager again and see if battery issues re-appear. Give me another 24 hours to evaluate and I will post again.

dementia79
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Why is this marked as solved? It clearly is not.

razvi
2 Iron

Jump to solution

That answer is not a solution. The thread shouldn't be marked as solved. Please notify a moderator, as I just did. 

stephrox
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

How do I do that? I am also dealing with the same problem. It's been going on for about a month or so now but it seems like it's only getting worse!