Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 20th, 2018 16:00

XPS 15 9750 and TB16 Problems

I recently purchased a new XPS 15 9750 and TB16 dock and have had a hard time resolving the following issues.  All of the following issues only present themselves when connected to the TB16:

• XPS 15 wont shutdown or restart, machine stops at the blue screen spinning
  • Drivers won't install when connected to TB16, the windows popup but the progress bars freeze
  • If I connect the TB16 to the laptop and power it on my Bluetooth won't work until I reboot, login to Windows the connect to the dock
  • Ethernet not working

The following is a list of drivers downloaded and installed after purchasing the TB16:image.png

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

November 20th, 2018 20:00

Do you have Citrix Receiver installed on your system?  A lot of the symptoms you're describing seem like what I've personally seen on such systems and what is described in this KB article.  If so, the fix as mentioned there is to simply update to a newer version of Citrix Receiver.

If you don't have Citrix Receiver installed, then make sure you've updated all of the following, and if you haven't, install the updates below in the order listed below.  Unfortunately the image you uploaded is only visible to you and Dell reps until it gets "approved" by Dell reps, so I can't see what you've installed.

- System BIOS/firmware
- Thunderbolt 3 drivers/software
- System Thunderbolt 3 controller firmware (not part of the BIOS update)
- TB16 firmware
- ASMedia USB xHCI Host Controller driver

2 Posts

November 21st, 2018 06:00

Nicely done

No Events found!